Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Kang back?

Post by ChitownBucco »

193439282F3E29696A5B0 wrote: Kang was a late scratch from this afternoons Indy lineup. Let the speculation begin.
He's got a wrist injury.

prob old injury from tipping toooo many back, in the past.

over use
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

5B70716C776F765A6D7B7B77180 wrote: Kang was a late scratch from this afternoons Indy lineup. Let the speculation begin.
He's got a wrist injury.

prob old injury from tipping toooo many back, in the past.

over use

That's mean but then I think it maybe time for a bit of good natured humor about Kang. I would think that he could also have some neck problems from tipping back as well! ;)
fjk090852-7

Kang back?

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Fan is reporting that Korea media is reporting the Kang requires wrist surgery.
MaineBucs

Kang back?

Post by MaineBucs »

And so Kang's once very promising career with the Pirates comes to a close. No reason to bring him back next year, unless, he agrees to a minor league contract and demonstrates that he should again play in the majors.

Kang's loss was a real blow to this organization, both in the recent past and even looking forward.
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

537F77707B5C6B7D6D1E0 wrote: And so Kang's once very promising career with the Pirates comes to a close.  No reason to bring him back next year, unless, he agrees to a minor league contract and demonstrates that he should again play in the majors.

Kang's loss was a real blow to this organization, both in the recent past and even looking forward.   

Yeah, the very few times he's played at any level in the last two years he wasn't very good.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

Reports of his demise may be premature. He'll be 32 next year which is not ancient for players. He could have a full spring training with the Pirates instead of going to a new culture in winter ball after a long layoff. Even this year he was clearly overqualified against A-ball pitching. Won't surprise me if he's back next year.
OrlandoMerced

Kang back?

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I think the bright spot on this is that they might have been keeping Kramer down in hopes that Kang came up and filled that IF spot on the roster currently occupied by Srod.

Or, they might be suffering from a condition that makes them think that SeanRod is good and should be given at bats and time in the field...because he was once a good and versatile defender.
notes34

Kang back?

Post by notes34 »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Reports of his demise may be premature. He'll be 32 next year which is not ancient for players. He could have a full spring training with the Pirates instead of going to a new culture in winter ball after a long layoff. Even this year he was clearly overqualified against A-ball pitching. Won't surprise me if he's back next year.
Yeah, he's not finished just yet. No reason not to bring him to spring training and get a full camp in.
notes34

Kang back?

Post by notes34 »

0F322C212E242F0D2532232524400 wrote: I think the bright spot on this is that they might have been keeping Kramer down in hopes that Kang came up and filled that IF spot on the roster currently occupied by Srod.

Or, they might be suffering from a condition that makes them think that SeanRod is good and should be given at bats and time in the field...because he was once a good and versatile defender.

I sure hope they make a move soon. SRod is a liability at the plate and in the field at this point.
Ecbucs

Kang back?

Post by Ecbucs »

0E0F1405135354600 wrote: Reports of his demise may be premature. He'll be 32 next year which is not ancient for players. He could have a full spring training with the Pirates instead of going to a new culture in winter ball after a long layoff. Even this year he was clearly overqualified against A-ball pitching. Won't surprise me if he's back next year.
Yeah, he's not finished just yet. No reason not to bring him to spring training and get a full camp in.

Isn't his contract for 2019 an option the Bucs need to pick up? I don't see them paying him $5 million unless they are certain he will be healthy. I could see them offering him a lower salary and maybe a bigger option for 2020.

Most likely other teams are not going to outbid the Pirates for him.