Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

The Magic Number is 161.
WildwoodDave2

Opening Day!

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0254425659435358554270575D51595C1E53300 wrote: Raise that Jolly Roger thing.
relievers did a fantastic job!
SteadyFreddy

Opening Day!

Post by SteadyFreddy »

That’s a nice win for the Pirates to start the year. Don’t wanna get too excited over 1 win but for a team that a lot of people picked to lose 115 games or more it’s a nice way to start the season. This team needs as many wins as possible early on to start the season.
SammyKhalifa

Opening Day!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

WE'RE #1!
rucker59@gmail.com

Opening Day!

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Sweet win!
Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

2drfischer@gmail.c

Opening Day!

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Good win for our guys. Hope Polanco doesn't take long to get started. We need that guy to hit for the next four months because we know BC is looking to trade him. The org needs a good return.
Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

693F293D322838333E291B3C363A323775385B0 wrote: Good win for our guys.  Hope Polanco doesn't take long to get started.  We need that guy to hit for the next four months because we know BC is looking to trade him.  The org needs a good return.
What makes you think he's going to get started? :-?
SteadyFreddy

Opening Day!

Post by SteadyFreddy »

You gotta believe Polanco is on a very short leash with the Pirates. I personally will give him until the end of April and if we are still seeing the same things we saw yesterday from Polanco on a day to day basis then it’s time to pull the plug. I would rather them call up O Neil Cruz at this point and play him everyday in RF rather than see Polanco just continue to stink everytime he is out there.
Bobster21

Opening Day!

Post by Bobster21 »

4B6C7D797C615E6A7D7C7C61180 wrote: You gotta believe Polanco is on a very short leash with the Pirates. I personally will give him until the end of April and if we are still seeing the same things we saw yesterday from Polanco on a day to day basis then it’s time to pull the plug. I would rather them call up O Neil Cruz at this point and play him everyday in RF rather than see Polanco just continue to stink everytime he is out there.
I dunno, Freddy. The team is going nowhere with or without him and the issue seems to be if he can attract a trade partner. Having a short leash means giving up on any chance that he gets hot later and enables them to deal him. If he was holding them back from being competitive I would agree with you. But I think he will play almost every day in hopes of a hot spurt that makes him attractive to another team. I don't think they would pull the plug on him until the trade deadline passes. At that point it no longer matters so bench him.

I'm sure no other team is currently interested in him. But as the season goes on, injuries can create needs that aren't currently there for other teams and they'll take what's available. If Polanco is hitting by then, they may want him. But if he's benched by May then there isn't even a possibility that he could make himself attractive to other teams by the time they may have a need.