The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

There is a new biography out about Bill Virdon, titled, "Bill Virdon, A Baseball Life" by David Jerome. It covers his minor league days in the Yankee organization, trade to St.L. and ROY season, trade to Pirates, his Bucs career and his coaching and managing career.

Yours truly is quoted on 3 pages and I even made the index between Mantle and Maris (where I always thought I belonged). :)
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Wow.  That's quite an honor, Ster.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: There is a new biography out about Bill Virdon, titled, "Bill Virdon, A Baseball Life" by David Jerome. It covers his minor league days in the Yankee organization, trade to St.L. and ROY season, trade to Pirates, his Bucs career and his coaching and managing career.

Yours truly is quoted on 3 pages and I even made the index between Mantle and Maris (where I always thought I belonged). :) 

Congrats, Bobster! Here’s to the M & M & M Boys.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: There is a new biography out about Bill Virdon, titled, "Bill Virdon, A Baseball Life" by David Jerome. It covers his minor league days in the Yankee organization, trade to St.L. and ROY season, trade to Pirates, his Bucs career and his coaching and managing career.

Have dislocated an arm patting yourself on the back? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

75545C755E56310 wrote: There is a new biography out about Bill Virdon, titled, "Bill Virdon, A Baseball Life" by David Jerome. It covers his minor league days in the Yankee organization, trade to St.L. and ROY season, trade to Pirates, his Bucs career and his coaching and managing career.

Have dislocated an arm patting yourself on the back?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've hired lackeys for that! :)
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: There is a new biography out about Bill Virdon, titled, "Bill Virdon, A Baseball Life" by David Jerome. It covers his minor league days in the Yankee organization, trade to St.L. and ROY season, trade to Pirates, his Bucs career and his coaching and managing career.

Have dislocated an arm patting yourself on the back?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've hired lackeys for that! :)

Excellent Bobster. Great job
ChillinStation

The Departed

Post by ChillinStation »

Guessing rule 5 pick Blake Sabol makes the Giants, guy just hammered the ball all spring. SF getting us back for Reynolds.They scouted him up for sure, traded for even .Pirates should grab him back if possible.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Cute MLB commercial with Vogelbach on 1B thinking it will be easy to steal with the rule changes and Buck Showalter waving his finger at him and thinking "don't try it" as Vogelbach takes off for 2B.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Adam Frazier is 5 for 8 with 3 doubles, a HR and a SB for the Orioles.
3pirates3

The Departed

Post by 3pirates3 »