Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Coca-Cola, UPS, and The Home Depot alone will see to it that FF goes nowhere. Cha-CHING! $$$$$
ChillinStation

Off Season Thread

Post by ChillinStation »

5C697E7E754C7E7E75727E1B0 wrote: CS,

Think back, not long.  The Bucs most likely didn't consider paying Starling Marte anywhere near that and sent him packing.  Do you think they would even consider this?  I don't see them changing.

Marte is a solid player but he is on the older side and not the power hitter we need . Kyle would fit in the window we hope to have for some winning in 2023 onward . The money paid to get him would be a lot but wouldn`t break the Pirates payroll. So instead of 30m we pay 50 mill in payroll that`s nothing.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Regardless of what Marte- or any player- is (age, limits, productutivity predictions, etc.)- he will make a lot of money somewhere. 

I'm not pimping for Marte- or any other player.  I'm just saying that, as good as Marte was and still is, his salary with the Pirates at that time was so much lower than $20m, and the Pirates didn't want- that's want- to pay him, so they dumped him.

To think that the team will turn around this year and pony up to pay someone so much more- especially to a guy who would rarely take an everyday spot out in the field?  I would be stunned to see that happen.

Even if they did......all of us here know what the next domino that would fall:

They would then start spreading the spin that, because they paid Schwarber so much money that they don't have any left to pay anyone else.  "Anyone else" means "Bryan Reynolds,' and people will believe them.  I wouldn't, but most people would.

Again, I would like to see a Schwarber more than some LMG any day, any week.  I just can't imagine that happen for $20mpy or anything even close to it.  I don't think the Pirates would pay $20 mpy for Freddie Freeman.  I wonder if they will even offer Reynolds that much.  I don't want to give my reason because the three words are forbidden here.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

why did the mccutchen thread get locked?

I thought he would be a good add since the Pirates really only have one OF.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

Because the Cutch discussion actually belongs in the Departed Thread. You can comment there.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

[postsmovedhere1] 9 [postsmovedhere2] OnlyBucs Fan Forum [move by] Possum.
ChillinStation

Off Season Thread

Post by ChillinStation »

So no new threads ? Everything is an Off Season Thread since it`s off season ? :- :-?

DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

1239383D3D383F02253025383E3F510 wrote: So no new threads ? Everything is an Off Season Thread since it`s off season ? :- :-?

Not necessarily, we are only speculating about some of the players who might be attractive to the miserly Bucs.

I see no reason not to have a thread relating to the Rule 5 draft or even a thread dealing specifically with FA's we might want to see the Bucs sign.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

64454D644F47200 wrote: So no new threads ? Everything is an Off Season Thread since it`s off season ? :- :-?

Not necessarily, we are only speculating about some of the players who might be attractive to the miserly Bucs. 

I see no reason not to have a thread relating to the Rule 5 draft or even a thread dealing specifically with FA's we might want to see the Bucs sign.

you have to be careful. You might confuse Green Weenie :D
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

[highlight][/highlight]4C6D654C676F080 wrote: So no new threads ? Everything is an Off Season Thread since it`s off season ? :- :-?

I see no reason not to have a thread relating to the Rule 5 draft or even [highlight]a thread dealing specifically with FA's we might want to see the Bucs sign.[/highlight]

Hell, I can see a good reason why we wouldn't want that! ;)