The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Just watched the Phillies sweep the Rays ( 3 games)

This was their 12th road win in a row.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7-7

Phillies defeat Marlins 4-3 for their 13th straight road win
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

Dodgers and Angels are off on this Sunday. Strange.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Just turned on the All Star Game broadcast to see that the players are not wearing their own uniforms, just like last year. Very disappointing. One of the cool things I always liked about this game was that all the team’s uniforms were on the field. Some things should just be left alone.
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

2E786E7A756F7F74796E5C7B717D7570327F1C0 wrote: Just turned on the All Star Game broadcast to see that the players are not wearing their own uniforms, just like last year.  Very disappointing.  One of the cool things I always liked about this game was that all the team’s uniforms were on the field.  Some things should just be left alone.
I always took pride in seeing the Pirate uniform among the All-Stars. But I guess nothing is as satisfying as generic uniforms. ::)
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Well Keller just gave up a Home Run
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: Well Keller just gave up a Home Run
Other than Parker and the two throws, and Clemente's HR in 1971, I really can't think in my lifetime any Pirate doing much in the ASG. Of course Doc Ellis gave up the tower shot to Reggie, so I guess that counts.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

005640545B41515A574072555F535B5E1C51320 wrote: Just turned on the All Star Game broadcast to see that the players are not wearing their own uniforms, just like last year.  Very disappointing.  One of the cool things I always liked about this game was that all the team’s uniforms were on the field.  Some things should just be left alone.
they sell the American/National jerseys. I never liked a generic uniform. What's odd is they obviously went with the Mariners color motiff, but both teams wearing dark jerseys looks odd.

I see the occasional NL/AL jerseys at games. These ones tonight, only people buying them are those who think they're cooler than anyone else.

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: Just turned on the All Star Game broadcast to see that the players are not wearing their own uniforms, just like last year.  Very disappointing.  One of the cool things I always liked about this game was that all the team’s uniforms were on the field.  Some things should just be left alone.
they sell the American/National jerseys. I never liked a generic uniform. What's odd is they obviously went with the Mariners color motiff, but both teams wearing dark jerseys looks odd.

I see the occasional NL/AL jerseys at games. These ones tonight, only people buying them are those who think they're cooler than anyone else.

The NL uniform looks ridiculous. The shirt is obviously a navy blue color but the pants look black. I don’t know who they get to choose these things. Same with the city uniforms. San Diego’s look like a pastel paint palette exploded in their locker room.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Elias Diaz (remember him?) hits a 2 run HR in his ASG debut to put the NL in front.

I'm really worried Bednar will come in and pull a Keller.