Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by skinnyhorse »

1A3C3D2A3C2C5F0 wrote: Bucs could go after Velander and his massive $28 mill per year.

How , well we need to trade Josh Harrison (10 mill per next 3 yrs.) .Marte $28 mill next 3.

That would make Velander affordable next 3 years. He would be our AJ Burrnett. AL to NL he would dominate .

Shite if we do it right we can get Velander for cheap...Tigers need prospects and MLB players i would lay it out . Big time .

Velander with a fresh start change of scene....Woo hooo!

Josh Harrison

Marte

Meadows

Glasnow

+ prospects

for

Velander

Velander

Cole

Tallion

Nova

Kuhl /Williams/Baralt

Sweet  8-)

RichD, where are you in Alabama?  I'm in Scottsboro?
Oh my what are you talking about. Getting rid of 2 very good starters and 2 very very good prospects for a washed up pitcher. This is insane to even talk about.
IABucFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by IABucFan »

4378727955110 wrote: Bucs could go after Velander and his massive $28 mill per year.

How , well we need to trade Josh Harrison (10 mill per next 3 yrs.) .Marte $28 mill next 3.

That would make Velander affordable next 3 years. He would be our AJ Burrnett. AL to NL he would dominate .

Shite if we do it right we can get Velander for cheap...Tigers need prospects and MLB players i would lay it out . Big time .

Josh Harrison

Marte or Polonco

Meadows

Glasnow

+ prospects   Newman /Suiter  etc.

for

Velander

Velander

Cole

Tallion

Nova

Kuhl /Williams/Baralt

Sweet  8-)

I think that's way, way, way too much to give up for Verlander. He might get a bit of a bounce from moving to the NL, but he's 34, has an ERA of 4.50, and the highest WHIP of his career at 1.44. Verlander is still a serviceable pitcher and will be a good #4 or 5 in somebody's rotation next year, but he's the AL version of Matt Cain, maybe not to that degree, but same idea. This isn't close to the same guy who was competing for and winning Cy Youngs a few years ago.
RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

I live in Tuscaloosa !

Im the only Pirate fan in this town.

Not sure many here at home realize, there are other sports besides football !

You cant find a MLB FAN anywhere in this town .Maybe an old man or women who watched the Braves on TBS . BUT THATS IT
IABucFan

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by IABucFan »

4A525057574051564B4A5C390 wrote: Bucs could go after Velander and his massive $28 mill per year.

Josh Harrison

Marte

Meadows

Glasnow

+ prospects

for

Velander

Velander

Cole

Tallion

Nova

Kuhl /Williams/Baralt

Sweet  8-)

RichD, where are you in Alabama?  I'm in Scottsboro?
Oh my what are you talking about.  Getting rid of 2 very good starters  and 2 very very good prospects for a washed up pitcher.  This is insane to even talk about.

Wow. Note this date and time. perhaps the first time in OBN history that skinny and I agree! :D
RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

646C6F584E6B4C432D0 wrote: Bucs could go after Velander and his massive $28 mill per year.

Josh Harrison

Marte or Polonco

Meadows

Glasnow

+ prospects   Newman /Suiter  etc.

for

Velander

Velander

Cole

Tallion

Nova

Kuhl /Williams/Baralt

Sweet  8-)

I think that's way, way, way too much to give up for Verlander.  He might get a bit of a bounce from moving to the NL, but he's 34, has an ERA of 4.50, and the highest WHIP of his career at 1.44.  Verlander is still a serviceable pitcher and will be a good #4 or 5 in somebody's rotation next year, but he's the AL version of Matt Cain, maybe not to that degree, but same idea.  This isn't close to the same guy who was competing for and winning Cy Youngs a few years ago.

What you talking about Willis ?

He had a great season last year !!!! 227 IP 1.0 WHIP.

Not so good this year ....Thats how we bucs have to attack .Guys that need a change. Verlander is that guy ....Just watch when some one gets him
RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

Washed up ....lol ....more like tired of being in the same ole same ole rut.

Whatever team gets Verlander will be laughing at everyone else for the next 3 years.

Fresh starts mean a lot. Esp in sports. Place like Pitt would make him an animal again.
Ecbucs

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

5D666C674B0F0 wrote: I live in Tuscaloosa !

You cant find a MLB FAN anywhere in this town .Maybe an old man or women who watched the Braves on TBS . BUT THATS IT
sorry to hear that. Being a Pirate fan should at least make you a curiosity among the crowds.
RichD

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by RichD »

5B7D7C6B7D6D1E0 wrote: I live in Tuscaloosa !

sorry to hear that.  Being a Pirate fan should at least make you a curiosity among the crowds.

Lots of Pirates hats being worn in this town. I went up to a guy that had a Pirates hat on and started taliking about the team.

He  looked at me as a crazy old white man.  ::)

When I wear a hat .Its not for fashion . I mean it.
Tintin

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Tintin »

About Velander, if he gets dealt, Detroit will have to pick up lots of salary. I've seen some folks saying around 30 million of the 67 still owed.

So I proposed earlier Verlander and 35 million for Gage Hinsz and Oddy Nunez. We are on the hook for 32 million.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is some sort of 22 million vesting option for 2021.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would take Verlander, but not with Marte included. Marte and Harrison involved will open up two holes in the outfield. McCutchen might be on his way out. I can't see getting rid of another all star outfielder too. Plus, pitching depth is the Pirates strength.