Bucs vs Cubbies - Game Thread - 9/5

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Bad teams find bad ways to lose. I’d like to say that these are the growing pains young teams go through but almost all of these guys won’t be here within two years.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

5E787F6A636F786E660D0 wrote: They say managers have little effect on the game. Shelton doesn't have much to work with.

But this guy manages like he's getting suggestions on twitter Yea don’t know what the plans are for Shelton moving forward but if Cherrington decided to make a complete overhaul of this coaching staff next season it would be hard not to justify it.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

634455515449764255545449300 wrote: Hard to believe the Pirates are now 41 games under .500 and there are still 3 other teams worse then they are. That’s truly remarkable. This 4 game series with the Cubs I think was one of the worst series of the year. The apathy with this team right now is stronger then ever.
That's correct Freddy. 41 games under. Have lost 6 straight and now 11 games away from the magic number. Bring on those Detroit Tigers
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1A3C3B2E272B3C2A22490 wrote: up to Newman

Can't help it but I read this and laughed.
I just shook my head and wondered WTF didn't they send in Alford at some point? 2 guys on, no outs, he's a legit HR threat. Probably fails, you can't hope for a 3 run HR.

But Perez?

This is why I hate Shelton Perez is terrible and Shelton uses him way too much to pinch hit in key situations. The guy can’t hit to save his life.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

577176636A6671676F040 wrote: IDK if I can watch tomorrow's game
Is that at PNC? If not when do you go again?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

782E382C233929222F380A2D272B232664294A0 wrote: Bad teams find bad ways to lose.  I’d like to say that these are the growing pains young teams go through but almost all of these guys won’t be here within two years. 
yeah in the post game show with Savrn and Capps, they are talking about this "growing pains" thing. Capps was remarkably critical about the pitchers giving leads right back because of walks.

But I was thinking the same thing....who are the guys that will be here?

It just started out so good. And Gamel's catch is so pointless now, would have been less gut punching had he not caught that ball
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

012720353C30273139520 wrote: Hard to believe the Pirates are now 41 games under .500 and there are still 3 other teams worse then they are. That’s truly remarkable. This 4 game series with the Cubs I think was one of the worst series of the year. The apathy with this team right now is stronger then ever.
Did you see the shot of them in the dugout? You'd have thought it was the second inning of the first game of the season. I mean, I don't want them sitting there slitting their wrists, but it just gave the look like, "we're okay with this" Yea a lot of these guys won’t be here next year and are complete garbage players. The only guys worth a damn on this team are Reynolds and Hayes and I don’t know if Hayes wrist is still injured from earlier in the year but he needs to be a lot better moving forward. His performance overall especially at the plate just has not been good enough.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Shelton going full blown, "only using Bednar in the 9th"

This is where you should have brought him in and not Mears.

But hey, people say he doesn't make a difference. That move. Not PH with Alford instead of Perez.

I just don't effing get this guy.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D7A6B6F6A77487C6B6A6A770E0 wrote: They say managers have little effect on the game. Shelton doesn't have much to work with.

But this guy manages like he's getting suggestions on twitter [highlight]Yea don’t know what the plans are for Shelton moving forward[/highlight] but if Cherrington decided to make a complete overhaul of this coaching staff next season it would be hard not to justify it.

Is it possible that Shelton was hired as a sacrificial lamb?  BC had to know that the team would be this bad for a few years so he needed a guy to manage these bad teams.  That way, he can fire Shelton just before the young talent arrives under the premise that he didn’t do the job, and then hire the guy he really wants without having put him through this mess.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: Bad teams find bad ways to lose.  I’d like to say that these are the growing pains young teams go through but almost all of these guys won’t be here within two years. 
yeah in the post game show with Savrn and Capps, they are talking about this "growing pains" thing. Capps was remarkably critical about the pitchers giving leads right back because of walks.

But I was thinking the same thing....who are the guys that will be here?

It just started out so good. And Gamel's catch is so pointless now, would have been less gut punching had he not caught that ball You just gotta hope that this is as close to rock bottom as this franchise is gonna get the next few years. You gotta continue to hope as well that a lot of these guys now in the Minors that are currently with the Grasshoppers and Curve are up here by 2023 and that we start to see things slowly but surely turn the corner at that point. One more year of this kind of play while it will suck again will be expected more then likely but not after 2022. This team has to better and should be much better come 2023.