The next CBA and the future of MLB

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

0A3431392A323239193C2B386F5D0 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!
Todays meeting did not address Revenue sharing and Arbitration Years. Players not impressed- Sides are far apart
I don’t think the Owners will agree to a reduction in Revenue Sharing, that is like teams taking a pay decrease. If they want to tie Revenue Sharing into team payroll that is fine, but I would never agree to a decrease in Revenue Sharing. I agree this matter is between billionaires and millionaires, but the huge advantage the players association has is guaranteed money. That will never go away, and that is a benefit which the other major sports don’t have. If a star player gets seriously hurt, and can longer pitch he continues to get paid during the duration of his contract. That is huge!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

757978232A232B26213E24130 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!
Todays meeting did not address Revenue sharing and Arbitration Years. Players not impressed- Sides are far apart
I don’t think the Owners will agree to a reduction in Revenue Sharing, that is like teams taking a pay decrease. If they want to tie Revenue Sharing into team payroll that is fine, but I would never agree to a decrease in Revenue Sharing. I agree this matter is between billionaires and millionaires, but the huge advantage the players association has is guaranteed money. That will never go away, and that is a benefit which the other major sports don’t have. If a star player gets seriously hurt, and can longer pitch he continues to get paid during the duration of his contract. That is huge!

I think NHL and NBA contracts are guaranteed. Definitely not in NFL which is why signing bonuses are so much.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E58594E58483B0 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!

I think NHL and NBA contracts are guaranteed.  Definitely not in NFL which is why signing bonuses are so much.

Meetings scheduled for Tomorrow 2-17
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4876737B6870707B5B7E697A2D1F0 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!

I think NHL and NBA contracts are guaranteed.  Definitely not in NFL which is why signing bonuses are so much.

Lock both parties in a room, turn the heat down to 40 degrees, and don’t allow them to leave to use the restroom. We’ll have a agreement by dinner time.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

702630242B31212A273002252F232B2E6C21420 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!

Lock both parties in a room, turn the heat down to 40 degrees, and don’t allow them to leave to use the restroom.  We’ll have a agreement by dinner time.

You should be a mediator (if you aren't one already)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0C2A2B3C2A3A490 wrote: According to Jason Mackey in the Post-Gazette this morning, the owners have agreed to institute the universal DH.  If they're trying to drive fans away, it's working on me.
YOSHI!!!

Lock both parties in a room, turn the heat down to 40 degrees, and don’t allow them to leave to use the restroom.  We’ll have a agreement by dinner time.

You should be a mediator (if you aren't one already)

It’s probably for the best that I’m not in charge of anything.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Turn the heat down to 40?

I'm no HVAC guy. Wouldn't it be better to turn the AC to 40? ;)
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

774255555E6755555E5955300 wrote: Turn the heat down to 40?

I'm no HVAC guy.  Wouldn't it be better to turn the AC to 40?  ;)

Picky, picky, picky! ;) ;)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

$350,000,000 is not enough for Juan Soto
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I guess that we aren't getting Juan Soto.  :((((