The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

The Departed

Post by ChitownBucco »

Jeff Locke pitched today on a rehab assignment for the jupiter Hammerheads vs our Bradenton Bucs

4 scoreless innings for Locke

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.js ... x&sid=milb
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

1A35222335293B33500 wrote: Vic Black signs Indy League contract with the Sussex (NJ) Miners of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball

The Atlantic League has at least three old Pirates (or farmhands) playing:

Lancaster Barnstormers: Lastings Milledge

New Britain Bees: Joe Beimel

Somerset Patriots: Jerry Sands

The Can-Am League and American Association start up in about ten days.
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Can't believe Joe Beimel is still making a go at it
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

76594E4F5945575F3C0 wrote: Vic Black signs Indy League contract with the Sussex (NJ) Miners of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball

http://sussexcountyminers.com/miners-si ... vic-black/

They play in the stadium where the old NJ Cardinals played prior to relocating to State College. Since it isn't too far from me, we caught a game Cutch played there for the CrossCutters

Remember when people thought Vic Black was too much for Marlon Byrd? Looks like another bad pick by the Pirates. Could have had Arenado, Hamilton, Kipnis, or Matz in that 2009 draft.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Dog, I should ban you for bringing up the 2009 draft. What a disaster. But I won't ;D ;D ;D ;D
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Mark Melancon has been placed on ten day DL due to right forearm strain. I wonder if all those innings have begun to catch up with him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

67464E674C44230 wrote: Dog, I should ban you for bringing up the 2009 draft.  What a disaster.  But I won't   ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Pirates did draft Jake Lamb in that draft, but he didn't sign. I actually liked some of the pitchers they drafted that year, but non panned out. Terrible draft for sure.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Francisco Liriano has been placed on the ten day DL by the Blue Jays. It is being reported that his velocity is way down.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

4A46471C151C14191E011B2C0 wrote: Francisco Liriano has been placed on the ten day DL by the Blue Jays. It is being reported that his velocity is way down.

He gave up 7 runs in two innings yesterday. His ERA is now 6.35. Toronto did come back and win the game. His last two starts were pretty bad.
ArnoldRothstein

The Departed

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

In the Mexican League:

Anderson Hernandez, Vaqueros Union Laguna

Nyjer Morgan, Monclava