Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0E232E3F38293E7E7D4C0 wrote: From the Department of Please Tell Me You're Not Serious, it was reported in today's Post-Gazette that O'Neil Cruz is getting advice on how to play the outfield from Gregory Polanco. 
"Wait for it to stop rolling and then go pick it up."

The bucs are off today. I believe that the only thing on the agenda is the team is required to listen to a pep talk from Bob. ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

674A47565140571714250 wrote: From the Department of Please Tell Me You're Not Serious, it was reported in today's Post-Gazette that O'Neil Cruz is getting advice on how to play the outfield from Gregory Polanco. 
"Wait for it to stop rolling and then go pick it up."

An oldie, but still goodie, from the Bob Uecker School of Baseball.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

350B0E06150D0D062603140750620 wrote: From the Department of Please Tell Me You're Not Serious, it was reported in today's Post-Gazette that O'Neil Cruz is getting advice on how to play the outfield from Gregory Polanco. 
yes, I read that as well. I immediately thought of you!

You have to stop thinking about me, Dave. It's making me feel creeped out.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

:D ;D376177636C76666D6077456268646C692B66050 wrote: From the Department of Please Tell Me You're Not Serious, it was reported in today's Post-Gazette that O'Neil Cruz is getting advice on how to play the outfield from Gregory Polanco. 
yes, I read that as well. I immediately thought of you!

You have to stop thinking about me, Dave.  It's making me feel creeped out.
That"s what this whole Covid thing does to people :D ;D
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

4D565B5A535F503E0 wrote: The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.

What's it like to be wrong so often?  I've wanted Polanco out of Pittsburgh before McCutchen was traded away.

I thought you wanted the Pirates to be better.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

425954555C505F310 wrote: The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.
Or it might be based on his inability to adequately hit, field, or run the bases. We fans can't help that the now fired GM was stupid enough to give Polanco a big contract. And I think the current GM will have to eat a big chunk of that undeserved contract just to get rid of him. But unless Polanco has now morphed into a completely different kind of player, getting rid of him would improve the team. The worst thing they could do is to continuously play him if he continues to be inadequate merely because he makes a lot of money.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4B505D5C555956380 wrote: The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.
The hate for Polanco is generated by the fact that he 100% stinks= I hope I will be able to give him a grade at the deadline' I will do it now. Not .5 but rather .000005
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

3F697F6B647E6E65687F4D6A606C6461236E0D0 wrote: The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.

What's it like to be wrong so often?  I've wanted Polanco out of Pittsburgh before McCutchen was traded away.

Polanco is batting .455 and leading the team in HR's and RBI's this spring, but we just can't stand a ball player that is paid more than $1 million per year. DUMP DUMP DUMP
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

29323F3E373B345A0 wrote: The hate for Polanco is nothing more than pre-apologizing for the expected salary dump.

Polanco is batting .455 and leading the team in HR's and RBI's this spring, but we just can't stand a ball player that is paid more than $1 million per year.  DUMP DUMP DUMP

As I've explained to you a dozen times, I don't care how much money any player earns.  I only care that he can help the team win.  I have little faith Polanco can help the Pirates win, other than a meaningless Spring Training game.

However, I hope he keeps it up for the next four months so that some dope GM will be willing to trade for him.  He has no future here beyond this season, a season in which you think they'll win 46 games.  So you want to keep him so he can help the team win, what, 49 games?  Yeah, that should win the pennant.