The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0A392524272F19243F23383F2E22254B0 wrote: I know Mark Appel never wore a Pirates uniform, and there were some odd things reported about him when he was drafted, but there's a good interview with him on the MLB.com site about his career.  He seems like a real good guy, well-spoken, and grateful for having a second chance.

The funny thing is, if he had signed with the Pirates he'd probably be emerging with some other team right about now, anyway.

Sadly, that's the truth.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Chad Kuhl with a complete game shutout of the Dodgers in Coors Field. Baseball sure is a funny game.
SyrBucco

The Departed

Post by SyrBucco »

3D6B7D69667C6C676A7D4F68626E6663216C0F0 wrote: Chad Kuhl with a complete game shutout of the Dodgers in Coors Field.  Baseball sure is a funny game.
I said Chad Kuhl was a salary dump. Wish we had kept him.
Ecbucs

The Departed

Post by Ecbucs »

Colin Moran is now in the minors:

As expected, Moran has decided to accept the outright assignment, the club announced (via Charlie Goldsmith of the Cincinnati Enquirer).

5:58pm: The Reds announced that corner infielder Colin Moran has cleared waivers and been assigned outright to Triple-A Louisville. He has the right to refuse a minor league assignment as a player with between four and five years of big league service time, but doing so would require forfeiting what remains of his $1MM guaranteed salary.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

It's Bobby Bonilla Day. Another 1.2 million from the Mets to stuff in the mattress.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that Cole Tucker was outrighted to the Diamond Backs AAA team. He was on that team, but in order to open a 40 man roster spot they had to dfa him, and he went unclaimed. He is no longer on their 40 man roster.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

737F7E252C252D20273822150 wrote: Just read that Cole Tucker was outrighted to the Diamond Backs AAA team. He was on that team, but in order to open a 40 man roster spot they had to dfa him, and he went unclaimed. He is no longer on their 40 man roster.

Can anyone say be surprised? He just isn't good enough at this point to be in the major leagues.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

3F697F6B647E6E65687F4D6A606C6461236E0D0 wrote: Just read that Cole Tucker was outrighted to the Diamond Backs AAA team. He was on that team, but in order to open a 40 man roster spot they had to dfa him, and he went unclaimed. He is no longer on their 40 man roster.

Can anyone say be surprised?  He just isn't good enough at this point to be in the major leagues.
I agree with you. I just hope the current FO does their homework, and picks a solid player at #1 in next weeks draft. It seems the former FO had about a 50 % success record with their #1 picks. Guys like Sanchez, Tucker and even Newman were not the best choices.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

666A6B3039303835322D37000 wrote: Just read that Cole Tucker was outrighted to the Diamond Backs AAA team. He was on that team, but in order to open a 40 man roster spot they had to dfa him, and he went unclaimed. He is no longer on their 40 man roster.

Can anyone say be surprised?  He just isn't good enough at this point to be in the major leagues.
I agree with you. I just hope the current FO does their homework, and picks a solid player at #1 in next weeks draft. It seems the former FO had about a 50 % success record with their #1 picks. Guys like Sanchez, Tucker and even Newman were not the best choices.

Huntington and his staff had very little success in drafting and/or developing players. I have far more faith in BC and his people, but it still remains to be seen. It’ll take a couple of more years to know fully but already we’ve seen nice contributions from first year players.

Changing GMs was the best move Nutting could make. He had to have gotten advice from others because he certainly isn’t capable of making any kind of positive baseball decision himself. He only knows how to make money without spending any.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

What has happened to Adam Frazier? Currently batting .221.

Another good move by Cherington