The Roster

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

The Roster

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2B3C2A3A7F797E787E70490 wrote: I predict that Underwhelming will be back within a week.

Not since the early 90's did I expect to win a series against an inferior team when BUCS are home. I really believe we smoke the 12 win A's. I said in first GDT against the Cards I had good feeling about this homestand. That said I expect underwhelming to return just not in your time frame.

They really need to sweep this A’s team I mean they are absolutely horrific. They are 37 games under .500 currently and have only won 2 series this entire year so far and have lost 14 games in a row on the road going into this series tonight. Letting them come in here and win even 1 game will feel terrible. You have to beat this team especially when you have a chance to get back to around that 5-7 games over .500 spot you were at during the 6-19 stretch. The schedule really favors the Pirates this week in the division. The Brewers play the Orioles this week 3 games, the Cardinals play at the Rangers 3 games, the Reds play the Dodgers for 3 games, and the Cubs are at Anaheim to play a decent Angels team. So you better beat the A’s the next 3 games. If they do they should find themselves back in first place in the next 2-3 days and a bigger lead in the division over the Reds, Cubs, and Cardinals.
ChillinStation

The Roster

Post by ChillinStation »

Hedges could be trade bait soon.
Surgnbuck

The Roster

Post by Surgnbuck »

GMBC cleared up the roster issue of only having 12 pitchers. He felt with the off day before and after the Mets series, they could get by on 12 pitchers, and brought up CSN so Shelton had a number of options to pinch hit if needed.

Will be interesting to see who comes up, as BC mentioned they were probably going to go internally to bring up another pitcher, presumably a starter. Speculation on the radio shows is it will be Osvaldo Bido, who will need added to the 40 man roster, my count has the Pirates having 4 open spots right now, once they add Velasquez to the 60 day IL. The three open spots right now are presumably for Choi, Crowe, and Cruz.
ChillinStation

The Roster

Post by ChillinStation »

Of the top of my head thinking Cam Alldred or Carmen Mlod will be the next Pitchers up. Pirates will burn through the lower rated guys first as usual.
DemDog

The Roster

Post by DemDog »

PBN is reporting that Oswaldo Bido is being recalled and that Roansy is going to the bullpen

Roansy to Pen Bido to Pittsburgh

WildwoodDave2

The Roster

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

75545C755E56310 wrote: PBN is reporting that Oswaldo Bido is being recalled and that Roansy is going to the bullpen

Possum up at 4:36 AM? Must have peed the bed! :D :D

GreenWeenie

The Roster

Post by GreenWeenie »

65444C654E46210 wrote: PBN is reporting that Oswaldo Bido is being recalled and that Roansy is going to the bullpen

I'll give benefit of the doubt. No problem with Contreras to the pen.

It's this Ovaldo Bido guy. He hasn't been much of a winn-o. We're in a pennant race in case no one's paying attention.

I'm not a fan of experiments and auditions, but we're a game up.... Hope he works out.
Ecbucs

The Roster

Post by Ecbucs »

Is Bido being brought up to start a game and then get sent right back?
Surgnbuck

The Roster

Post by Surgnbuck »

486E6F786E7E0D0 wrote: Is Bido being brought up to start a game and then get sent right back? 
That's somewhat BC was alluding to, if memory serves me correctly. I also wonder if he's here till Wil Crowe gets back and by that time Roansy has it figured out

fjk090852-7

The Roster

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: Is Bido being brought up to start a game and then get sent right back? 
That's somewhat BC was alluding to, if memory serves me correctly. I also wonder if he's here till Wil Crowe gets back and by that time Roansy has it figured out

I hope it is a while until Crowe returns. He had a couple good months last year, and hasn’t been very good since. I have not missed him this season.