The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

Looks like they might be breaking up the Pirates of the North.

MLB Trade Rumor Buy or Sell: Blue Jays firesale coming unless things turn around

Russell Martin might be unmovable, though. He's a 34-year-old catcher off to a second straight terrible start at the plate and there are two years and $40 million left on his deal after this season. . .

Jose Bautista is on a one-year deal, but he's off to a poor start and would need to pick it up for the Blue Jays to get full value in return.

The pitching staff could be gutted. Marco Estrada and Francisco Liriano are both 33 and hit free agency after this season. J.A. Happ is 34 and only signed through next season ($13M for 2018). Relievers like Jason Grilli, Joe Smith, Aaron Loup and J.P. Howell all make sense as trade bait to varying degrees, too.
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

What a weird cycle the Jays go through. How many times have they traded for/signed just every good player, just to trade them all off again and start over?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Departed

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

That's the problem when you go all in.  They got nothing to show for it either (no world series - still great runs)

I do think it is way, way too early for a 'selling" article.  They can easily go on a four or five game win streak and be with the rest of the division.
IABucFan

The Departed

Post by IABucFan »

Nothing against Mercer, but if they start to sell, I'd be really interested in finding out what they want for Tulowitzki.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

JaCoby Jones was hit in the face with a pitch yesterday. Mouth was bleeding. Placed on 10-day DL with lip laceration. Coulda been worse.
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

I was hoping I would wake up today and they would have released Bastardo, can't understand why you would keep this guy. If they are waiting for an offer, ain't going to happen. Nova just throws strikes wish Cole, Taillon and Glasnow could do the same we'd be in great shape, pitching wise, now hitting no one looks great, I think Josh Bell looks much better lately, not sure why he's not playing every day, defense looks respectable also. Saw Hurdle hit and run a couple of times yesterday maybe if I keep mentioning it he'll do it some more. Like I'm sure that will happen, just have to do something to get the offense going.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Michael Morse (SD) hit a PH HR yesterday. And Matt Joyce homered for Oak.
Jerseykc

The Departed

Post by Jerseykc »

Vic Black signs Indy League contract with the Sussex (NJ) Miners of the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball

http://sussexcountyminers.com/miners-si ... vic-black/

They play in the stadium where the old NJ Cardinals played prior to relocating to State College. Since it isn't too far from me, we caught a game Cutch played there for the CrossCutters
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Charlie Morton had a big night last night with 12 strikeouts and picked up his second win
ChitownBucco

The Departed

Post by ChitownBucco »

060A0B5059505855524D57600 wrote: Charlie Morton had a big night last night with 12 strikeouts and picked up his second win

bet his stuff was just electric