The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7F58494D48556A5E494848552C0 wrote: Everything is going the Reds way these last 2 weeks they have been on this winning streak. I still don’t know if they can play consistent enough moving forward after this winning streak comes to an end to win this division. I still think this division is up for grabs for the most part as we sit here today. The Reds aren’t gonna win every game the rest of the year moving forward so we will see how they handle adversity moving forward and the first time they lose 3 or 4 in a row which is gonna happen here with them at some point.
I see Joey Votto is back- had 2 home runs last night
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

I see the Cards and Cubs are playing in London this weekend. Seems that MLB is following the lead of the NFL. Next year it

is the Phillies and Mets.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Domingo German throws a perfect game for the Yankees against the A's.

He gave up 17 earned runs in his previous two starts, ten in the most recent.

Congrats!
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Attended a game at Coors Field on Tuesday night.  Very nice ballpark.  It looks bigger on television.  The National Ballpark Museum is located across the street, dedicated to the first parks built back in the early 1900s.  It had lots of interesting things to look at, including signage, seats, photos, uniforms worn by ushers, a St. Louis Browns team uniform.  Seeing stuff from Forbes Field brought back lots of memories.  Highly recommend for the nostalgic among us.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

must have been a nice experience
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6-28

All NL Central Teams won except St. Louis
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

Domingo German pitched the 22nd perfect game in the modern baseball era (post 1900). They're usually pitched by the elite pitchers in the game but not always.

Don Larsen pitched one against the Dodgers in the 1956 WS. Larsen had a good year but always struggled with control. That year he had the 3rd worst walks/9 IP rate in the AL.

Dallas Braden pitched a perfect game for Oakland against TB in 2010. He was 11-14 that year and 26-36 in his career.

Philip Umber pitched one for the White Sox in 2012 against Seattle. He was 5-5 that year with a 6.44 ERA. his best year was 2011 when he went 9-9. For his career he was 16-23 with a 5.31 ERA.

German won 18 games in 2019. But his last 2 starts totaled only 5.1 IP with 15 hits, 17 runs (15 ERs) and 5 HRs. Didn't seem a likely candidate for a perfect game in his next start.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6-30

Padres in a definite funk as they

lose 7-5 to the Reds in 11 innings
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

For those awake, and have read this post.....ESPN Sunday Night Baseball Giants-Mets

On ESPN2 though, is the game with the KayRod cast, with Michael Kay and Alex Rodriguez. They have guests, etc. if you've never seen it.

If you have, you probably have a strong opinion.

Tonight, and coming up....Scott Boras on as a guest. Hoping they talk about the draft, and if he mentions his boy
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

If you didn't see it, you didn't miss much. Boras just used it as a platform for his own vision of the changes MLB should adopt, it's nothing new.

He does have an idea I've been a proponent of for a long time, and that is make the World Series at one venue, rotating it like the super bowl.

I don't want to hear about the local fans being cheated. Most of them will say that only the well healed folks can afford to go. So if that's the case, what difference does it make?

Of course, my idea was in conjunction with the contraction of the marlins and Rays, and having the World Series in Miami.

He's for trading draft picks. I don't like that. His version of it was a veiled inference to paying over slot for a player, as he mentioned about the "structure" of the draft (meaning "slot").

Other than that, he's a zero. And so is Kevin Mitchell, my lawd is he a boring guest.

Oh, I've seen the KayRod Cast before, and it's still awful.