SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

MY vote for SOG goesout to Kevin Newman.

The current count is:

Newman - 4

Polanco - 1

Dyson - 1

Get your votes in before the start of the next game.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

Newman for SOG
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

MY vote for SOG goesout to Kevin Newman.

The current count is:

Newman - 5

Polanco - 1

Dyson - 1

Get your votes in before the start of the next game.
skinnyhorse

SOG/GOG

Post by skinnyhorse »

644944555243541417260 wrote: My star of the game is Dyson.

Hear me out.  Our guys weren’t scoring today (or all season).  We need three bass hits or bomb to get on the board.  We don’t take enough pitches to walk, don’t hit the ball hard enough to force errors, and don’t have competent enough hitters to deviate from doing anything but hitting into the shift.

So anyway, for the first time that I can recall this season, we manufactured and stole a run, Dyson walked and stole second, no biggie. But Dyson took advantage of the lack of the Twins attention to him to easily steal third.  We needed that run and him scoring it did so many things beside cut the lead to one.

1) it forced Rogers to pitch carefully to Moran, which had a positive result (as well as Reynolds)

2). The 3rd baseman played toward second for double play reason against Reynolds which likely didn’t matter as that was a double all day.

3.) also they don’t draw the infield in up 2, so Newman single maybe doesn’t get thru. 

Basically, while Polanco’s bomb and Newman’s hit are flashier, I credit today’s win to Dyson.
That was impressive. A run on no hits. Dyson came up big that inning.

He needs to learn how to bunt to be a real threat, otherwise he gets on base so little he's almost worthless.
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

2E363433332435322F2E385D0 wrote: My star of the game is Dyson.

Hear me out.  Our guys weren’t scoring today (or all season).  We need three bass hits or bomb to get on the board.  We don’t take enough pitches to walk, don’t hit the ball hard enough to force errors, and don’t have competent enough hitters to deviate from doing anything but hitting into the shift.

So anyway, for the first time that I can recall this season, we manufactured and stole a run, Dyson walked and stole second, no biggie. But Dyson took advantage of the lack of the Twins attention to him to easily steal third.  We needed that run and him scoring it did so many things beside cut the lead to one.

1) it forced Rogers to pitch carefully to Moran, which had a positive result (as well as Reynolds)

2). The 3rd baseman played toward second for double play reason against Reynolds which likely didn’t matter as that was a double all day.

3.) also they don’t draw the infield in up 2, so Newman single maybe doesn’t get thru. 

Basically, while Polanco’s bomb and Newman’s hit are flashier, I credit today’s win to Dyson.

He needs to learn how to bunt to be a real threat, otherwise he gets on base so little he's almost worthless.
Agreed. He's pretty much an automatic out. But in that one instance he came up big.
Ecbucs

SOG/GOG

Post by Ecbucs »

392123242433222538392F4A0 wrote: My star of the game is Dyson.

'its usually too late for players 35 or older to learn how to bunt. Its too bad there is no minor league ball this season. Good start by Oliva could have gotten him a regular spot with the Pirates.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

The current standings are:

GOG

Shelton - 2

Feliz - 2

Rodriguez - 1

Cherington - 1

De Pozo - 1

Musgrove - 1

Neverauskus - 1

Williams - 0.5

Crick - 0.5

SOG

Keller - 1

Frazier - 1

Newman - 1
WildwoodDave

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave »

746F62636A6669070 wrote: The current standings are:

GOG

Shelton - 2

Feliz - 2

Rodriguez - 1

Cherington - 1

De Pozo - 1

Musgrove - 1

Neverauskus - 1

Williams - 0.5

Crick - 0.5

SOG

Keller - 1

Frazier - 1

Newman - 1
GOG for 8-7 vs. Tigers

Score 13 runs and can't win the game.Too many goats but I'ii go with:

.5 Brault

.5 Neverauskas

also don't know Del Pozo is still on the roster.
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

neverauskus
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

Neverauskas wanted to put the nail in the coffin and show that no matter how many runs the Pirates scored they would never score more than the BP could give up. This was the 66th career MLB game for Neverauskas and the only thing he has even proven is that he does not belong in MLB. Del Pozo is challenging him for the title of world's most incompetent reliever but it's only been 22 career games for Del Pozo. I think after 66 games of constant, dismal failure all questions about Neverauskas have been answered more than enough.

He gets my vote for GOG, GOpitching staff, GOMLB, GOpitching profession.