Minor Leagues - 2023 Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

0B3530382B333338183D2A396E5C0 wrote: Friday is the day rosters can expand to 28 players. My guess is that Cal Mitchell and Bea will join the team along with pitcher Oviedo who the Bucs got in the Quintana trade. To make room for these 3 players I think Allen, VanMeter will be designated for assignment and Cam Vieaux will be sent back to Indy.
Do I have your word concerning VanMeter? :D
Both he and Allen should be moved so some young players could come to Pittsburgh. Players like Bae, Mitchell and Swaggerty should join the team for the final month of the season.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

For what it is worth Bae is not in the Indy starting lineup tonight. Maybe he is headed to Pittsburgh. He should be added to the roster and given the opportunity to play.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Endy Rodriguez with two homers tonight to give him 7 while at Altoona. If he handles AAA next year as he has AA this year, he should join the Bucs around June 1 next season. He would be a nice bat to add to the lineup.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

We are a third through the month of September, and nothing has been done to add Bea or Swaggerty to the 28 man roster. I understand that Bea must be added to the 40 man roster, but I am sure there is someone now on the 40 man who could be designated for assignment. I just have to wonder if there have been some preliminary trade discussions regarding these players, and due to that the Pirates are reluctant to add them to the major league club. Bea in my opinion has nothing to prove at Indy, and Swaggerty is hitting about.265 at Indy. In my opinion both these players should be added to determine if they are players who are part of the Pirates future. It seems odd that neither player is not currently in Pittsburgh.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

242829727B727A77706F75420 wrote: We are a third through the month of September, and nothing has been done to add Bea or Swaggerty to the 28 man roster. I understand that Bea must be added to the 40 man roster, but I am sure there is someone now on the 40 man who could be designated for assignment. I just have to wonder if there have been some preliminary trade discussions regarding these players, and due to that the Pirates are reluctant to  add them to the major league club. Bea in my opinion has nothing to prove at Indy, and Swaggerty is hitting about.265 at Indy. In my opinion both these players should be added to determine if they are players who are part of the Pirates future. It seems odd that neither player is not currently in Pittsburgh.

punishment? motivation? who knows? I was sure Swaggerty would be back up and given some time in center. If he doesn't make it next year, he might become someone else's Allen.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Can someone explain to me why Peguero is somehow anointed the future at SS, almost as if he was savior potential? I'm looking at his complete minor league career....where is the bat? He had a big 2019, but everything since then suggests a guy OPS around .700 at best. I'm looking at his fielding stats, and they don't jump out at you in any shape or form.

Maybe I'm not seeing something here. I only ask because some people think Cruz has no business at SS, and needs to find another position. There is absolutely nothing that I see that suggests the Pirates should move Cruz off SS in favor of Peguero, who isn't even in AAA yet. Peguero shows to be a better fielder in the minors than Cruz was, but he isn't all that at .935 fielding pct compared to Cruz's .918

I know fielding pct is an old stat, but it's the best I can use for a quick comparison. Especially if you're considering one guy over another.

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since the AA season ended today, the Pirates have plans on moving some of the Altoona players to Indy to finish their season. A list of players going to Indy has not yet been posted by the Pirates or any of their reporters.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With only about 8 games remaining in the AAA season I am very surprised that the Pirates have not added the players from Altoona to Indy which BC mentioned would happen during his Sunday radio show on The Fan. At that time he did not want to mention any players who were going to be promoted until the Pirates could properly inform them. Possibly tomorrow an official announcement will come from the Pirates.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3935346F666F676A6D72685F0 wrote: With only about 8 games remaining in the AAA season I am very surprised that the Pirates have not added the players from Altoona to Indy which BC mentioned would happen during his Sunday radio show on The Fan. At that time he did not want to mention any players  who were going to be promoted until the Pirates could properly inform them. Possibly tomorrow an official announcement will come from the Pirates.
That will happen this week. They were waiting for Altoona's season to end, which it did on Sunday.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: With only about 8 games remaining in the AAA season I am very surprised that the Pirates have not added the players from Altoona to Indy which BC mentioned would happen during his Sunday radio show on The Fan. At that time he did not want to mention any players  who were going to be promoted until the Pirates could properly inform them. Possibly tomorrow an official announcement will come from the Pirates.
That will happen this week. They were waiting for Altoona's season to end, which it did on Sunday.
Indy has only 8 games remaining this season so it better happen in the next couple days because they are running out of time.