The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

350B0E06150D0D062603140750620 wrote: Josh Bell was playing left field for the Nats tonight
Since the season is over (departed) this question is for Surg since he attended the most games. What was the final attendance. I know this is somewhat skewed because of earlier Covid restrictions
For the season, it was 859,498.  The largest crowd was 32,071 on July 31 against the Phillies.
Thank you- that's 200,000 more than the Marlins
The Pirates were 25th in attendance, ahead of Baltimore (only 78 gates), Toronto (split between 3 sites), Tampa Bay, Oakland, Miami.

The Rays and A's go to prove that it isn't always about winning.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

No, it isn't. As with any enterprise, markets are markets. Variables galore.

All clubs have visiting fans in attendance, so that tends to equal out, with few exceptions.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

536671717A4371717A7D71140 wrote: No, it isn't.  As with any enterprise, markets are markets.  Variables galore.

All clubs have visiting fans in attendance, so that tends to equal out, with few exceptions.
Mets fire Manager Luis Rojas. I know their owner is on a mission but when you lose two of baseballs two best pitchers for just about the whole season, it's tough to win
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

There may have been some behind-the-scenes things going on that we never learn about or learn later.   

How is this "The Departed?" I thought this is former Pirates or former Pirates suspects.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1D283F3F340D3F3F34333F5A0 wrote: There may have been some behind-the-scenes things going on that we never learn about or learn later.   

How is this "The Departed?"  I thought this is former Pirates or former Pirates suspects. 
True-didn't want to start a new thread just for this.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Maybe, The Departed- Other Teams?

The off-seasons are almost as compelling as the ((regular) seasons. For some orgs, anyway.

Back to the Mets. Does Clint Hurdle end his retirement? Stay tuned!

BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

5B767B6A6D7C6B2B28190 wrote: Polanco is batting .320 with 4 HR's and 4 SB for the Toronto farm club!  But at least we have Cole Tucker.
Hoy Park hit .327 with 10 HRs and 8 SBs for the AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Rail Riders before the Yankees traded him to the Pirates.

I'm almost tempted to believe there's a significant difference between AAA and MLB pitching.

But what really puzzles me is, since the Pirates only got rid of Polanco to dump his salary, why didn't the Blue Jays put him on their MLB roster since money was not the issue. They would only be paying him the MLB minimum prorated over the last month (now down to just 2 weeks) of the season?

How was it a salary dump?  The Pirates did not save any money. If anything, they had to pay Polanco quicker.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

5F787171786B68785F687E1D0 wrote: Polanco is batting .320 with 4 HR's and 4 SB for the Toronto farm club!  But at least we have Cole Tucker.
Hoy Park hit .327 with 10 HRs and 8 SBs for the AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Rail Riders before the Yankees traded him to the Pirates.

I'm almost tempted to believe there's a significant difference between AAA and MLB pitching.

But what really puzzles me is, since the Pirates only got rid of Polanco to dump his salary, why didn't the Blue Jays put him on their MLB roster since money was not the issue. They would only be paying him the MLB minimum prorated over the last month (now down to just 2 weeks) of the season?

How was it a salary dump?  The Pirates did not save any money. If anything, they had to pay Polanco quicker.

It wasn't. I was being sarcastic. Shedman insisted they only got ride of Polanco as a salary dump. Clearly that was not the case. As my post said, if he would have remained a Pirates if not for salary, it's reasonable to think the Blue Jays would have wanted him on their roster especially considering it would have cost them very little.
BellevueBuc

The Departed

Post by BellevueBuc »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: Polanco is batting .320 with 4 HR's and 4 SB for the Toronto farm club!  But at least we have Cole Tucker.

It wasn't. I was being sarcastic. Shedman insisted they only got ride of Polanco as a salary dump. Clearly that was not the case. As my post said, if he would have remained a Pirates if not for salary, it's reasonable to think the Blue Jays would have wanted him on their roster especially considering it would have cost them very little.   

Gotcha
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Taillon is to have ankle surgery. See paragraph 3 in artile below.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/ ... dates.html