Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1D5E475C4F5A4B5D1D2E0 wrote: "Brewers GM Matt Arnold will be getting an extension with the Crew rather than a chance to interview with the Mets. People do love Milwaukee." - Heyman

"Mets reached out to Cardinals late last week for permission to talk to GM Michael Girsch about the opening to run baseball ops in Queens, according two sources. He elected to stay with the Cardinals, a team source confirmed." - Goold

I'd have done the same. Girsch stays with a solid organization that's always had a plan instead of joining a group that's seemed scatter-brained for years.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A39203B283D2C3A7A490 wrote: "Sources: The Padres and Bob Melvin have agreed to a three-year deal to make Melvin the next manager in San Diego." - Cassavell

https://twitter.com/AJCassavell/status/ ... 5174816770
Padres going to have to improve their starting pitching
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

It'll be harder this year.  Ben doesn't have anybody.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

725F52434455420201300 wrote: The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.
I just read it. What do you think of the mentioning of possibly bringing back Cutch or Marte as a fourth outfielder?
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

47797C74677F7F745471667522100 wrote: The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.
I just read it. What do you think of the mentioning of possibly bringing back Cutch or Marte as a fourth outfielder?

What are you? A wannabe shedman? ;D ;D ;D ;D
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

1D3C341D363E590 wrote: The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.

What are you?  A wannabe shedman?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dave, how's that PREVIGEN working?  ;))))) We all mess up. I don't think Ben brought those two guys up. I don't think the reporter asked him, either. Knows better. :)

Different article.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

26070F260D05620 wrote: The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.

Even Shed knows better. Marte- fourth in The Burgh? Come on. That's like asking Tomlin if he's thinking of coaching in college. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

57767E577C74130 wrote: The PPG has an article about the Pirates post season plans.

IT is in the PG- Mike Persak's article- " Free Agents who would make sense for the Pirates".
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

If you clicked on the link that Possum posted, this is what it brings up:  Pirates general manager Ben Cherington talks free agency, coaching vacancies and Yoshi Tsutsugo's possible return.

As for the article you're asking about:

I cant believe that there's a writer alive- anywhere- who would think that the Pirates would even consider paying Marte....OR that Marte would go anywhere, let alone Pittsburgh, to play fourth outfielder.

Cutch? I don't see the Pirates paying him what other teams would offer. I don't see where he would fit in to the outlook of the team. Cherington's on the youth movement- and, all that goes with it.

I don't think much of that writer after reading that.