Game Thread - 6/1 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0F292E3B323E293F375C0 wrote: Reynolds smirking at the stupid questions by Robbie
Classic Robbie:

"How did this team pull it off?" Yes, explain the magic formula to us, Reynolds. That way you can sweep every series and never lose another game.

"WHAT LED TO the consistent defense this series?"  Ahh, Robbie's trademark "what led to" question. Yes, explain to us THE REASON they played good defense. What is THE REASON? We need to know THE REASON!

"What fueled the offense?" Another magic formula question. Come on, Reynolds, tell us why the team hits better sometimes than others.

Yes, you could see Reynolds smirking. I guess the players realize they have to tolerate Robbie's insipid questions but at least they have won and had a good game, which is WHAT LED TO being chosen for the interview.

I only saw one player visibly annoyed with Robbie and that was Mercer several years ago. Mercer had a good game to snap a losing streak when the Bucs had been playing very poorly. Robbie said the Pirates would be dancing in the clubhouse after that win and asked Mercer to show him some dance moves. Mercer rolled his eyes and said no one was going to be dancing and walked away.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

557875646372652526170 wrote: RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!
Rumor is that Surg has been hired to replace Brown
If he does, he'll have to stop paying so much attention to the game and entertain us with topics like cotton candy and how great a player Kevin Young was.

:D
Well, as far as cotton candy goes, the debate (never was one really) is over, pink is the only cotton candy. Trust me, if ever at PNC, buy one of those bags with blue and pink, blind taste test them. If you choose blue, you get thrown off the third deck, we don't need liars. So no need to talk about that.

I was in the service most of Kevin Youngs career, so I only saw a smattering of his career, near the end. No fawning over him. Most of the 71 Pirates are passed on or too feeble to be on the broadcasts to fawn over. The 79 team is starting to get that way too. That leaves the 90-92 teams. I don't think Bonds would show up. I guess my best go to would be have Bobby Bo on for Bobby Bonilla day. That would be a coup, and I think people wouldn't mind one day of fawning.

My biggest problem is going Bednar. Meaning, I have a kind of foul mouth at times that I have quite a good filter, but it only works 100% of the time at church. I'm certain within a weak, I'd be suspended, then fired soon after for letting out a few "are you effing kidding me?".

So sorry fellas, I'm not that guy!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

04222530393522343C570 wrote: RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!
Rumor is that Surg has been hired to replace Brown
If he does, he'll have to stop paying so much attention to the game and entertain us with topics like cotton candy and how great a player Kevin Young was.

:D
Well, as far as cotton candy goes, the debate (never was one really) is over, pink is the only cotton candy. Trust me, if ever at PNC, buy one of those bags with blue and pink, blind taste test them. If you choose blue, you get thrown off the third deck, we don't need liars. So no need to talk about that.

I was in the service most of Kevin Youngs career, so I only saw a smattering of his career, near the end. No fawning over him. Most of the 71 Pirates are passed on or too feeble to be on the broadcasts to fawn over. The 79 team is starting to get that way too. That leaves the 90-92 teams. I don't think Bonds would show up. I guess my best go to would be have Bobby Bo on for Bobby Bonilla day. That would be a coup, and I think people wouldn't mind one day of fawning.

My biggest problem is going Bednar. Meaning, I have a kind of foul mouth at times that I have quite a good filter, but it only works 100% of the time at church. I'm certain within a weak, I'd be suspended, then fired soon after for letting out a few "are you effing kidding me?".

So sorry fellas, I'm not that guy!
I like your idea about throwing fans off the third deck. As far as I know no other teams are doing that so it would be a unique feature. I wouldn't even be opposed to having them land on a pile of mattresses and have Robbie waiting to ask them, "WHAT LED TO you being thrown off the third deck?"
iwatch

Post by iwatch »

Why not a “walk the plank” off the third deck onto a pile of mattresses? You know…Pirate theme.

Wasn’t there an old story about Bob Prince diving off a hotel balconey into a pool?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

4C524451464D250 wrote: Why not a “walk the plank” off the third deck onto a pile of mattresses?  You know…Pirate theme.

Wasn’t there an old story about Bob Prince diving off a hotel balconey into a pool?
That's an awesome idea!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: Why not a “walk the plank” off the third deck onto a pile of mattresses?  You know…Pirate theme.

That's an awesome idea!
I think we've found a new marketing director!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6B756376616A020 wrote: Why not a “walk the plank” off the third deck onto a pile of mattresses?  You know…Pirate theme.

On a bet, Prince dove from his 3rd floor hotel balcony into the swimming pool. Luckily he landed in the pool and not on the concrete around it.
iwatch

Post by iwatch »

We’d have “Bob Prince’s Walk the Plank” and you’d dive into a pile of Nutting’s unspent money
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

607E687D6A61090 wrote: We’d have “Bob Prince’s Walk the Plank” and you’d dive into a pile of Nutting’s unspent money
Great idea. That would be more of a cushion than the mattresses.
iwatch

Post by iwatch »

I feared that Nutting wouldn’t “spring” for the mattresses. 

I’m on a roll!