Minor Leagues

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChillinStation

Minor Leagues

Post by ChillinStation »

6C4A4B5C4A5A290 wrote: I think we should trade O`Neil Cruz while his value is high. All his projectable power plus he can play SS could land us a real nice YOUNG MLB ready pitcher.

Bucs need to get a pitching staff together instead of all these pieces and let them take some lumps so when the young bats of Martin ,Davis, Gonzales etc make the show it all fits together.

Cruz never plays a full season always has some injury and aI feel would get the arm we need.

lets get Shane Baz back.

Yes that would work for me. Or maybe a Dustin May coming off injury tho.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Minor Leagues

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

O'Neill Cruz hit his first Triple A HR last night.
fjk090852-7

Minor Leagues

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read an article about 2020 draft pick Jared Jones who pitched for Bradenton this season. His era was high at 4.64 ,but in 66 innings he struck out 102. That is impressive! He has some time to continue to develop, and if can lower that earned run average, and continue those strikeouts he could be closer material.
johnfluharty

Minor Leagues

Post by johnfluharty »

In an interview before yesterday's game, his manager said Jones started slow and finished well. He's definitely one to watch next season.
INbuc

Minor Leagues

Post by INbuc »

I attended the Game in Indy last night and sat right next to the Indians dugout. Cruz definitely has the look. He hit his 5th HR in 6 AAA games. On a still night, I never thought the homer he hit yesterday would make it out...it had pop-up height. But 420 later, I saw Bligh Madris keeping mouthing “wow”.

Defensively, not sure. He was bailed out of a couple errors by by the scorer and Hunter Owen’s scoops at first. Thinking right field could be in his future.
johnfluharty

Minor Leagues

Post by johnfluharty »

Or center if we end up dealing Reynolds in another year or two.
BellevueBuc

Minor Leagues

Post by BellevueBuc »

232621272F253C21283B3D30490 wrote: Or center if we end up dealing Reynolds in another year or two.

Sounds like that is Cruz' preference as well. Would not be a bad thing to move Reynolds back to LF.
WildwoodDave2

Minor Leagues

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7F293F2B243E2E25283F0D2A202C2421632E4D0 wrote: O'Neill Cruz hit his first Triple A HR last night.
I read today that beginning in 2022 the owners will foot the bill for housing costs incurred by players. Approx. 60% of their monthly paycheck goes for housing. This will certainly take the

pressure off those who didn't get big signing bonuses. Who said Bob was cheap? :D
GreenWeenie

Minor Leagues

Post by GreenWeenie »

56686D65766E6E654560776433010 wrote: O'Neill Cruz hit his first Triple A HR last night.
I read today that beginning in  2022 the owners will foot the bill for housing costs incurred by players. Approx. 60% of their monthly paycheck goes for housing. This will certainly take the

pressure off those who didn't get big signing bonuses. Who said Bob was cheap? :D

I could've sworn that I saw a similar post by 3 in TOST.  DNK what's happening.

Not sure how I feel on this.

I certainly agree that minor league guys should earn more. I'm just not sure who should fit the bill for housing.

If they're paid more, they can pay their rent.

But, who should do the paying- the minor league club...or the major league affiliate? The money has to come from somewhere. The more that MLB clubs are required to give their minor league clubs, the less they'll have for MLB talent.
johnfluharty

Minor Leagues

Post by johnfluharty »

Article I was reading was saying that the total cost for housing all minor league players would be less than a million dollars a season. Knowing that, it's a bit pathetic that they've not been doing it already and have to be forced by MLB.