The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I never bought the "lackidasical" thing tbh. Nobody can look inside someone else's mind and know what they're thinking (especially not over TV). Some people just come across that way because of their personality, and yes concentration lapses are a thing but that's different than the "doesn't care" that we see thrown around so much.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

Phillies fans thought Mike Schmidt "didn't care." Guy plays third base and hits the way Schmidt did....I would care whether he cared or not. Give me the results I want and I look the other way.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

182D3A3A31083A3A31363A5F0 wrote: Phillies fans thought Mike Schmidt "didn't care."  Guy plays third base and hits the way Schmidt did....I would care whether he cared or not.  Give me the results I want and I look the other way.
Geez, not too long ago you were excoriating Schmidt, you had no respect for him, you all but called him a POS and called him a "quitter" because the guy, an ATHLETE, who could no longer perform and was only hurting the team, retired. You deemed from high above that he needed to finish the season in order to have your respect, but he didn't and somehow that made him a quitter, and not a HOF guy.

GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: Phillies fans thought Mike Schmidt "didn't care."  Guy plays third base and hits the way Schmidt did....I would care whether he cared or not.  Give me the results I want and I look the other way.
Geez, not too long ago you were excoriating Schmidt, you had no respect for him, you all but called him a POS and called him a "quitter" because the guy, an ATHLETE, who could no longer perform and was only hurting the team, retired. You deemed from high above that he needed to finish the season in order to have your respect, but he didn't and somehow that made him a quitter, and not a HOF guy.

Come off it, guy.

We BOTH know that I was only critical of the manner in which Schmidt chose to retire.

Anything else? Whatcha got? Bring it on.

AFTER you pay up.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Taillon 6IP 0ER a no decision

Musgrove 6 IP 1ER and the win

Clay Holmes blows save opportunity
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

043126262D1426262D2A26430 wrote: Phillies fans thought Mike Schmidt "didn't care."  Guy plays third base and hits the way Schmidt did....I would care whether he cared or not.  Give me the results I want and I look the other way.

Sorry you got so upset having your words pointed out. While others praised him you didnt jump on that just kept on about quitting. Jeez hope you never injure yourself where you cant do your job. Be sad to see someone concoct some phony virtue signaling to disparage your good works.

Come off it, guy.

We BOTH know that I was only critical of the manner in which Schmidt chose to retire.

Anything else?  Whatcha got?  Bring it on.

AFTER you pay up.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Seeing as you have done nothing but try and impune my character and integrity(judging from your Schmidt comments it must be a thing with you) I'll just go by what you set, and pay up when I get to Philly. It certainly was understood by BOTH of us that it would happen when it would happen. In the mean tome as you seem to be in need of a meal, I would suggest some government cheese or your local food bank. Meals on wheels is another option.
GreenWeenie

The Departed

Post by GreenWeenie »

If you can't tell the difference between a guy's playing days (never criticized by me) and his retirement, that's your problem. I gave my explanation then. You are obviously trolling.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

6B4D4A5F565A4D5B53380 wrote: Taillon 6IP 0ER a no decision

Good for Taillon! The poor guy's whole career has been sidetracked by illness and injuries but maybe he's finally getting a chance to stay healthy and show what he can do. He was pretty bad over his first 15 starts this year. But his ERA for his most recent 7 games is 1.25.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: Taillon 6IP 0ER a no decision

Good for Taillon! The poor guy's whole career has been sidetracked by illness and injuries but maybe he's finally getting a chance to stay healthy and show what he can do. He was pretty bad over his first 15 starts this year. But his ERA for his most recent 7 games is 1.25.
Mike Schmidt is in the Hall Of Fame= that's all that needs to be said.