Bryan Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

3pirates3

Bryan Reynolds

Post by 3pirates3 »

"Sources: Pirates are trying to extend CF Bryan Reynolds, before the season if possible. The Pirates previously had offered about $76M for 6 years but were so far apart Reynolds requested a trade. Bucs want to keep him though. FA after 2025." - Heyman

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/16 ... 6512645135
fjk090852-7

Bryan Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think there might be news regarding a Bryan Reynolds contract extension prior to Opening Day in Pittsburgh.
Surgnbuck

Bryan Reynolds

Post by Surgnbuck »

Listening to 93.7 the fan this morning, Jason Mackey was on and is saying the same thing as John Heyman. The sides have agreed to the money, but there is another snag. Mackey speculating it has to do with a no trade clause Reynolds wants. It might also have to do with team options.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

I wonder whether this Heyman knows what he's talking about.

I only point to facts as presented to me.

I'm expected to believe that Heyman has solitary access to both parties.....BEFORE neither party agrees to update any other member of the media?

I can't buy that.

Four guys in a bar can do as much about this. Just calling this way foul.

Surgnbuck

Bryan Reynolds

Post by Surgnbuck »

122730303B0230303B3C30550 wrote: I wonder whether this Heyman knows what he's talking about.

I only point to facts as presented to me.

I'm expected to believe that Heyman has solitary access to both parties.....BEFORE neither party agrees to update any other member of the media?

I can't buy that.

Four guys in a bar can do as much about this.  Just calling this way foul.

The only thing both confirmed was the sides agreed to the money. What they don't know is what the snag is to finalize the deal.

It still comes down to money. If it's no trade, the Pirates would be reluctant not to be able to move a contract. If it's option years, then Reynolds would be reluctant because than part of the contract isn't guaranteed.

They both reported that both sides are back into an acrimonious mode.

I'm like you, I'd like to see solid info. This is the best we get. Something to pass the time away as we enjoy two days in first place :)
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

My point has been....

When asked by reporters AFTER the game, neither Ben nor Bryan would talk.

Neither.

To Anyone.

Hours BEFORE the game....Heyman in the only media rep- from local OR from anywhere else... .who knows every last detail?

I have a hard time believing it.

I dont catch every hole. I miss many.

This hole is hard to miss.
SammyKhalifa

Bryan Reynolds

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Word is that he wants an opt out clause (player only option) after '25. If that's the case I don't blame the Pirates at all for not wanting that.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

774549495D6F4C45484D4245240 wrote: Word is that he wants an opt out clause (player only option) after '25.  If that's the case I don't blame the Pirates at all for not wanting that. 

I admire Reynolds for wanting it.  I would, too.

It places value on the organization to continually improve.  History is a fact, and this FO has history.

Failure to agree sends a message to Reynolds, to his teammates, and to everyone here.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bryan Reynolds

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

586A66667240636A67626D6A0B0 wrote: Word is that he wants an opt out clause (player only option) after '25.  If that's the case I don't blame the Pirates at all for not wanting that. 

I heard last night that both sides have agreed on eight years at $106 million. I think Reynolds and his agent know there are other teams that would be willing to offer more. That's probably why he wants the opt out in 2025. If the Pirates haven't done what's necessary to create a competitive team by then, he can look elsewhere. With Nutting's history, it's a smart move on his part.