Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:52 pm
mouse wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:10 am Pirates pick up pitcher - https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/12/ ... zales.html

No word I've seen on who the player to be named later may be.
This deal sounds like Nutting's desire to avoid any risk. The guy is coming cheap because Seattle and Atlanta ate some of his salary. He looks like a young version of Rich Hill who might be able to move him at the deadline for some scrap. Typical Nutting type deal.
Trading him at the Deadline is the first thought that came to my mind. Admittedly, if some of the young arms get opportunities during the season and find success, dealing him won't be a bad idea. I'm rooting for him to pitch lights out and then wanting to stay here.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I hope this guy is healthy. Always concerned when I see "forearm tightness" or whatever they said, I always think back to Wandy Rodriguez.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Reading the MLB site story on the Braves picking up Kelenic from the Mariners, Gonzales was mentioned in the article: "But Braves fans at least know the Gonzales era will not be as financially draining as the Jake Odorizzi era."

Not exactly a comforting statement.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Mark Vientos 1b/3b/of prospect from Mets . BC should go after a guy like him we must have something Mets could use?
Possum

Post by Possum »

How about Josh Naylor from the Guardians? Cubs, Mariners, and Buc are interested.
Josh Naylor
Let's Go Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

In my opinion there is no way the Bucs acquire Josh Naylor, unless they agree to trade one of their top end prospects. There are other free agent first baseman who they could reasonably sign without trading a player such as Endy, Davis , or even Johnson our 2022 #1 draft choice.
Possum

Post by Possum »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:00 am
In my opinion there is no way the Bucs acquire Josh Naylor, unless they agree to trade one of their top end prospects. There are other free agent first baseman who they could reasonably sign without trading a player such as Endy, Davis , or even Johnson our 2022 #1 draft choice.
The Guardians are short on pitching and maybe we get Naylor for some pitching prospects not named Skenes.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

I wonder why they list him as a relief pitcher/first baseman when he’s only had two plate appearances in his pro career since 2016? Maybe he’s going to be our Ohtani.