Re: Official Game Thread - 8/26 - Pirates vs. Cardinals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

032435313429162235343429500 wrote: At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.
It always goes back to his lack of any plus pitch. Seems like every pitch in his arsenal is no better than average and his command is poor. Not only does he walk too many but he fails to locate his strikes where the catcher wants them. So instead of getting ahead of batters he's throwing very hittable pitches. His stuff never looks like it should be dominant. If it weren't for the hype about Keller, there would be nothing to separate him from the Max Kranicks of the world.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.
It always goes back to his lack of any plus pitch. Seems like every pitch in his arsenal is no better than average and his command is poor. Not only does he walk too many but he fails to locate his strikes where the catcher wants them. So instead of getting ahead of batters he's throwing very hittable pitches. His stuff never looks like it should be dominant. If it weren't for the hype about Keller, there would be nothing to separate him from the Max Kranicks of the world.
Hopefully when Shelton is planning or thinking about the starters for 2022, Kelller is not in the equation
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B4540485B434348684D5A491E2C0 wrote: At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.
Hopefully when Shelton is planning or thinking about the starters for 2022, Keller is not in the equation
The idea of Shelton planning or thinking is scary. But once they mercifully took Keller out of the game the BP combined for 3.2 innings of 1 hit, 0 walks, 0 runs. The BP faced 12 batters and got 11 of them out allowing only 1 single.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.
Hopefully when Shelton is planning or thinking about the starters for 2022, Keller is not in the equation
The idea of Shelton planning or thinking is scary. But once they mercifully took Keller out of the game the BP combined for 3.2 innings of 1 hit, 0 walks, 0 runs. The BP faced 12 batters and got 11 of them out allowing only 1 single. 

Scared we should be if Shelty & BC count on Keller for 2022. He should go to ST needing to make the 26 man roster and be guaranteed a spot. He does have an option left so if he does make the 26 man roster they can send him down. I just wonder if the Bucs just need to be rid of Mitch and move on with some other youngsters next season. Yes, he could go somewhere else and become the next Tyler Glasnow, but he sure ain't gonna to that with the Pirates.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1D3C341D363E590 wrote: At this point I’ve seen enough of Mitch Keller and I just don’t think he will ever be an effective pitcher. I don’t even want to see the guy on the roster going into 2022 much less in the rotation.

Scared we should be if Shelty & BC count on Keller for 2022.  He should go to ST needing to make the 26 man roster and be guaranteed a spot.  He does have an option left so if he does make the 26 man roster they can send him down.  I just wonder if the Bucs just need to be rid of Mitch and move on with some other youngsters next season.  Yes, he could go somewhere else and become the next Tyler Glasnow, but he sure ain't gonna to that with the Pirates.
It's anyone's guess as to the 2022 rotation. Keller should have a chance to compete for a job in ST. But at this point, his career is in doubt. The days of hyping him as a future top of the rotation guy are over. He looks like a AAAA pitcher who can provide AAA depth. Nothing more.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

If Keller's in the mix, it's a bad mix.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

5164737378417373787F73160 wrote: If Keller's in the mix, it's a bad mix.

At this point he's not even a usable #5.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Keller isn't usable. He's lose-able.

We're the fourth-worst worst club and 3 million games out. Unfortunately, he has company.