Official Game Thread - Bucs @ The Fish

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!!

Can we FINALLY get a sweep tomorrow?

Brown says this is the 15th time they won the first two games of a series, 6th best in the NL
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You know, we had to win it this way. The way this game was played, it wouldn't have surprised if the batter would have hit a game tying HR but passed one of his teammates on the bases instead
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You know, there just seems to be something perfect in the universe with Robbie interviewing Tucker.

There's so much cheese going on between them, it's like a total bromance moment
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

674146535A5641575F340 wrote: someone explain to me how Keller is charged with that run? His guy was erased on the FC...or is he still responsible because it was just a runner swap?
Yes, Bob Prince always termed that "substitution of the runner."
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Tucker loving this.....and now the gang in the booth is loving this.....

it's effing lovely :D :D :D :D :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: someone explain to me how Keller is charged with that run? His guy was erased on the FC...or is he still responsible because it was just a runner swap?
Yes, Bob Prince always termed that "substitution of the runner."
61 and I just learned that today, thanks for the info
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

If the Pirates can somehow finally manage a sweep, it will guarantee that they can't lose game 100 against the Phillies.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates 8-8 so far in September, and that's with an opening 5 game losing streak.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C5A5D48414D5A4C442F0 wrote: Pirates 8-8 so far in September, and that's with an opening 5 game losing streak.

I know we all want to be encouraged by how they've been playing of late, but I can't.  The reason is because so few of these guys will be here in two years.  They're just place holders until the hopefuls get here.  That's why I haven't gotten upset with the record or how the position players (except for Hayes and Reynolds) have or have not progressed.  It hasn't been worth investing my emotions in guys who I'm not going to remember a few years from now.  But I'm hoping to get real excited beginning next February.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

587E796C65697E68600B0 wrote: If the Pirates can somehow finally manage a sweep, it will guarantee that they can't lose game 100 against the Phillies.
Concerning Sunday's game, I promise not to use the word sweep