The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

762036222D37272C2136042329252D286A27440 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.
Shouldn't we wait for the verdict before we decide he's guilty. I'm no fan but your suppose to be innocent until proven guilty aren't we this used to be the standard.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7C646661617667607D7C6A0F0 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.
Shouldn't we wait for the verdict before we decide he's guilty.  I'm no fan but your suppose to be innocent until proven guilty aren't we this used to be the standard.

I believe he's already admitted to his guilt.
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

164056424D57474C4156644349454D480A47240 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.
Shouldn't we wait for the verdict before we decide he's guilty.  I'm no fan but your suppose to be innocent until proven guilty aren't we this used to be the standard.

Something is wrong, if he pleaded guilty they're would be on trail, so I'm confused it will be interesting. He definitely was a head case like I wrote years ago, when you go around changing your name you've had for years something is going on up there that's not good.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

352D2F28283F2E29343523460 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.

Something is wrong, if he pleaded guilty they're would be on trail, so I'm confused it will be interesting.  He definitely was a head case like I wrote years ago, when you go around changing your name you've had for years something is going on up there that's not good.

Even if he told the police that he's guilty of what he's been accused of, I think he can still enter a plea of not guilty and take his chances in court.  I'm not a lawyer, and the law can be confusing, so I'm not sure how all of this works.  But if I remember correctly, the authorities have compelling evidence that he's done what he's been accused of doing.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Vazquez Trial to Start

Here is the article from today's Trib. Read it in its entirety to see what is happening.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Feliz pitched today for the Reds and gave up a two run homer. I really don’t think he will do well in the Reds ballpark. I stand corrected he gave up a grand slam.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Keone Kela to undergo TJ surgery.
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

055345515E44545F524577505A565E5B1954370 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.

I'm no rocket scientist but don't believe they would be having a trial if he pleaded guilty. This makes no sense.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

51494B4C4C5B4A4D505147220 wrote: The jury selection process began today for Felipe Vasquez.  I hope he spends every day with a bunch of really big guys who want to get to know him intimately.  People who take advantage of or abuse children should live really long lives in an unrelenting hell.

I'm no rocket scientist but don't believe they would be having a trial if he pleaded guilty.  This makes no sense.
He denied knowing the girl was a minor. So he was pleading not guilty to the charges related to that. He was found guilty on 10 counts related to her being a minor. He was found not guilty on 10 other counts.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

From MLBTRs

Vazquez Convicted on 15 Sexual Assault Counts

Note that he faces decades in prison in the US or possible deportation.