The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

The Departed

Post by BenM »

Of course

Joe Musgrove throws first no-hitter in San Diego Padres history in win over Texas Rangers
skinnyhorse

The Departed

Post by skinnyhorse »

5D7A71521F0 wrote: Of course

Joe Musgrove throws first no-hitter in San Diego Padres history in win over Texas Rangers

Of course he did and we lose,lose,lose. I'm sooooooo mad and frustrated at this team. I've been a fan for 60 years and it gets harder and harder to watch.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1532391A570 wrote: Of course

We're going to be tortured by these types of events all season long. Good for Musgrove, though. He's the kind of guy any player would want for a teammate and any fan would want on his favorite team.
WildwoodDave2

The Departed

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: Of course

We're going to be tortured by these types of events all season long.  Good for Musgrove, though.  He's the kind of guy any player would want for a teammate and any fan would want on his favorite team.
It's a shame he hit a batter . Would have had a perfect game
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

4B7570786B737378587D6A792E1C0 wrote: Of course

We're going to be tortured by these types of events all season long.  Good for Musgrove, though.  He's the kind of guy any player would want for a teammate and any fan would want on his favorite team.

Yeah, that's too bad. But at least it wasn't one of the fielders booting a ball. If I did that to a pitcher I'd be inconsolable.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

095F495D524858535E497B5C565A525715583B0 wrote: Of course

Yeah, that's too bad.  But at least it wasn't one of the fielders booting a ball.  If I did that to a pitcher I'd be inconsolable. 

Imagine how Don Hoak felt in the 13th inning on 5/26/59.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Archer left his game after 2.1 innings today with an undisclosed injury.
Surgnbuck

The Departed

Post by Surgnbuck »

Casey Sadler with a scoreless inning of relief today for the Mariners
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Departed

153835242332256566570 wrote: Of course

Yeah, that's too bad.  But at least it wasn't one of the fielders booting a ball.  If I did that to a pitcher I'd be inconsolable. 

With his temper, it wouldn't have been good to be his roommate that night.
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

277167737C66767D7067557278747C793B76150 wrote: Of course

With his temper, it wouldn't have been good to be his roommate that night.
LOL. Good point. I know his roommate in 1960 was Elroy Face. I wonder if that was the case in '59.