Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Pirate Moves

Post by GreenWeenie »

Not only are you a dog.  You're a downright dirty dog.

The kind of dog I like.   ;)
fjk090852-7

Pirate Moves

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to Rob Biertemple, Cal Mitchell is being called up to Pittsburgh. The young troops are coming up.
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: According to Rob Biertemple, Cal Mitchell is being called up to Pittsburgh. The young troops are coming up.
Good! That will require someone to be DFA'd to add him to the 40 unless there is someone else to move to the 60 day IL.

Mitchell needs to play so I suspect Suwinski will go to AAA since he skipped that level and is hitting only .182. It wouldn't do much good for either he or Mitchell to sit half the time while the other plays (even tho Shelton seems to place a premium on sitting).
ChillinStation

Pirate Moves

Post by ChillinStation »

I called the Cal Mitchell move 8-) Remove Tucker from 40 man.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

755855444352450506370 wrote: According to Rob Biertemple, Cal Mitchell is being called up to Pittsburgh. The young troops are coming up.
Good! That will require someone to be DFA'd to add him to the 40 unless there is someone else to move to the 60 day IL.

Mitchell needs to play so I suspect Suwinski will go to AAA since he skipped that level and is hitting only .182. It wouldn't do much good for either he or Mitchell to sit half the time while the other plays (even tho Shelton seems to place a premium on sitting).
Mitchell will play one game and then get a day off :D
GreenWeenie

Pirate Moves

Post by GreenWeenie »

DCR
Surgnbuck

Pirate Moves

Post by Surgnbuck »

Hembree 15 day IL

Vogelbach 10 day IL

Cal Mitchell to the Bucs

Cam Alldred DFA
Surgnbuck

Pirate Moves

Post by Surgnbuck »

I was reading over on reddit that it's being reported Tucupita Marcano is going to be called up.

Anyone heard of such a thing? Another one coming from AA, that's interesting, instead of Bae from Indy. Marcano is on the 40 man, so that won't be an issue, where Bae isn't. Perhaps that's why?

If true, I wonder what the corresponding move is? Is someone injured?
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

0C2A2D38313D2A3C345F0 wrote: I was reading over on reddit that it's being reported Tucupita Marcano is going to be called up.

Anyone heard of such a thing? Another one coming from AA, that's interesting, instead of Bae from Indy. Marcano is on the 40 man, so that won't be an issue, where Bae isn't. Perhaps that's why?

If true, I wonder what the corresponding move is? Is someone injured?
Marcano had a full year of AAA in 2021. He was sent to AA this year because there was more opportunity to play there. He's hitting .312 at Altoona. Suwinski was recalled directly from Altoona with no AAA experience. Bae has some baggage (domestic abuse) the Pirates might not want to deal with for PR reasons.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Yoshi on the 10 day DL- no loss there