2019 Minor League Affiliates Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Great news from Morgantown. The Black Bears beat the Batavia Muckdogs (Miami) last night to more to half a game behind the Muckdogs for 1st place in the NYPL Pinckney Division and to half a game ahead of the Aberdeen Ironbirds (Baltimore) for the league wildcard. In either case the Black Bears have a game in hand on their nearest opponent. What a thrill to be a fan of a team that is actually in a pennant race.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Don't look now guys but the Black Bears are in 1st place in the Pinckney Division of the NYPL after defeating the Batavia Muckdogs at Monongalia County Ballpark in Morgantown yesterday afternoon. They hold a slim 1 game lead. They were led by C Kyle Wilkie who had 5 hits and 5th round pick Grant Ford got the start and the win was earned by 24th round pick Trey McCough.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

J B Shuck started today for Indy. He pitched 2 2/3 innings. I assume the Indians used him as the opener.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Last night Neverauskis gave up 7 runs in an inning and 2/3. I wish they would just give him his release. They may want to bring him up in September, but they should not waste the roster spot. It is too bad he has not been successful, but I feel it is time to look at different pitchers.