Trade Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Trade Rumors

Post by JollyRoger »

This organization is so devoid of talent; I would be willing to wager that an expansion team would be contenders before the Bucs

It only took expansion Arizona 4 years to win a World Series. It took the Marlins 5 years to win a World Series.

I would be in favor of letting Nutting just move the whole mess to another city. Have Pittsburgh appeal to MLB to keep the Pirates name and colors like Cleveland did when the Browns moved and then award Pittsburgh a new Pirates franchise with new ownership (Mark Cuban anyone?)

I guarantee we would be competitive quicker.
shedman

Trade Rumors

Post by shedman »

52777474614A777F7D6A180 wrote: This organization is so devoid of talent; I would be willing to wager that an expansion team would be contenders before the Bucs

It only took expansion Arizona 4 years to win a World Series. It took the Marlins 5 years to win a World Series.

I would be in favor of letting Nutting just move the whole mess to another city. Have Pittsburgh appeal to MLB to keep the Pirates name and colors like Cleveland did when the Browns moved and then award Pittsburgh a new Pirates franchise with new ownership (Mark Cuban anyone?)

I guarantee we would be competitive quicker.
_________

I would be on board with that as a way to get rid of Nutting.
Osushawn

Trade Rumors

Post by Osushawn »

0E2B28283D162B232136440 wrote: I'm guessing 4pm eastern time?  If so, then the deadline has passed.  That would mean that we still have our well oiled machine in tact!  Come to think of it, Red Sanford and Lamont Sanford didn't make too many exchanges either.......  ;D (can I get just one ole guy to appreciate this joke)
I’m coming to join you Elizabeth!

When you don’t have anything useful to trade, why make a move just to make a move? Everyone know this year was going to be a shitshow from day one. It got worse immediately. There is no point in giving away guys just to get rid of them unless we are talking about the Dyson’s. Everyone knows the situation the Buccos are in so why press the subject. Play this year and and most likely suck next year and see if you can build on ‘22.
BenM

Trade Rumors

Post by BenM »

5C6066607B72647D130 wrote: I'm guessing 4pm eastern time?  If so, then the deadline has passed.  That would mean that we still have our well oiled machine in tact!  Come to think of it, Red Sanford and Lamont Sanford didn't make too many exchanges either.......  ;D (can I get just one ole guy to appreciate this joke)

[highlight]When you don’t have anything useful to trade, why make a move just to make a move?[/highlight]  Everyone know this year was going to be a shitshow from day one. It got worse immediately.  There is no point in giving away guys just to get rid of them unless we are talking about the Dyson’s.  Everyone knows the situation the Buccos are in so why press the subject.  Play this year and and most likely suck next year and see if you can build on ‘22. 

I wonder how many veteran GMs were trying to see if they could take advantage of a "desparate" rookie.

"How about Bell for this kid we have in AA. Sure, he's 32, but there's still a lot of upside!"
shedman

Trade Rumors

Post by shedman »

65595F59424B5D442A0 wrote: I'm guessing 4pm eastern time?  If so, then the deadline has passed.  That would mean that we still have our well oiled machine in tact!  Come to think of it, Red Sanford and Lamont Sanford didn't make too many exchanges either.......  ;D (can I get just one ole guy to appreciate this joke)

When you don’t have anything useful to trade, why make a move just to make a move?  Everyone know this year was going to be a shitshow from day one. It got worse immediately.  There is no point in giving away guys just to get rid of them unless we are talking about the Dyson’s.  Everyone knows the situation the Buccos are in so why press the subject.  Play this year and and most likely suck next year and see if you can build on ‘22. 
____

The can is snapped, the holder places the can, the kick is up and it is good. The can is successfully kicked down the road.
GreenWeenie

Trade Rumors

Post by GreenWeenie »

Translation:  Everyone knows we're cheap, incompetent, and we suck, so let's be cheap, incompetent, and suck for a couple more years til we might get good again maybe.  @@@@@

NWWL
Bobster21

Trade Rumors

Post by Bobster21 »

7E5952713C0 wrote: I'm guessing 4pm eastern time?  If so, then the deadline has passed.  That would mean that we still have our well oiled machine in tact!  Come to think of it, Red Sanford and Lamont Sanford didn't make too many exchanges either.......  ;D (can I get just one ole guy to appreciate this joke)

[highlight]When you don’t have anything useful to trade, why make a move just to make a move?[/highlight]  Everyone know this year was going to be a shitshow from day one. It got worse immediately.  There is no point in giving away guys just to get rid of them unless we are talking about the Dyson’s.  Everyone knows the situation the Buccos are in so why press the subject.  Play this year and and most likely suck next year and see if you can build on ‘22. 

I wonder how many veteran GMs were trying to see if they could take advantage of a "desparate" rookie.

"How about Bell for this kid we have in AA. Sure, he's 32, but there's still a lot of upside!"

BC isn't a rookie GM. He was GM of the Red Sox 2011-2015.
pghpaulatl

Trade Rumors

Post by pghpaulatl »

Maybe I'm alone in this thought but based on how every player has played this season there were very few that were on any GM's radar, let alone those that would return something useful.

EGon was the one I thought would be traded obviously BC thought the return wasn't good enough.

I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt to the "new management" team and wait see what happens in offseason.

I think many changes will be coming with trades, minor league development, International, etc.

How many executives come right in and make a flurry of changes before taking the time to do their own thorough evaluation?

I'm willing to show some patience because I believe in BC and that he'll make more good moves than NH made and that he will never pull off stupid trades like those for Archer & Kela.
GreenWeenie

Trade Rumors

Post by GreenWeenie »

Don't worry.  He will.  When BOB says "dump," Ben will jump.

Nobody said anything about wholesale changes.

One change? A man of his experience can't do that to a dismal, last place roster? Come on.

NWWL
SCBucco

Trade Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

797D75425444715659370 wrote: Oh to be a Padres fan...

I sat there yesterday while driving processing Preller again going all in on a season and shook my head a bit. He did the same in 2015 and turned out to be a dud. He gave up some nice pieces for players he didn't need. Moreland wasn't a need, but gave up two prospects in the top 20 of a nice farm system to get him. Those two prospects would probably be in our top 10. Castro? Didn't give up a ton, but that was a trade just to make one. They have non hitting catchers all over the place. Gave Seattle a very nice return for Nola, again a good player, but was he a need? Felt a starter and a reliever were needed and they got those. Clevinger isn't on the down side of his career, certainly not like our acquisition of Archer, but that deal has an Archer feel to it ... something that SD will regret. They got a heck of alot more for Clevinger than we got for Cole. Just don't see it with SD as far as needing all these trades.