The Playoffs Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Oooooooooo.

God's gonna get ya for THAT. ;)
Surgnbuck

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Some hilariously brutal reactions about Kevin Cash....just a couple:

"The Dodgers are three outs away from a big decision-vote Kevin Cash a full share or just half?"

"Kevin Cash thinks Pete Carroll made the right decision by not giving Marshawn Lynch the ball at the one yard line"

Sucks to be Kevin Cash, but at least the Rays fans can take comfort it wasn't in a game 7. There's no guarantee they win the game if Snell isn't pulled. But check out the comments and tweets by current and former MLB players, and this one might go down as one of the worst decisions made in the World Series.

And a final side note. For all the love we were giving former Pirates throughout the playoffs, and rightfully so, three of Tampa's four losses were pinned on ex-Pirates.
Bobster21

The Playoffs Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

It's sad that Cash doesn't even realize he screwed up.

"I regret the decision because it didn't work out," Cash said after the Los Angeles Dodgers wrapped up their seventh World Series title with a 3-1 win. "But you know, I feel like the thought process was right. ... If we had to do it over again, I would have the utmost confidence in Nick Anderson to get through that inning."

He actually thinks his thought process was right.

And he acknowledged that the reason he removed Snell was because the top of the order was coming up and he didn't want Snell to face them a 3rd time. So he decided to remove him on general principle regardless of performance. Then Cash further explained:

"Didn't want Mookie or Seager seeing Blake a third time. There was no set plan. As much as people think, there's no set plan."

That's exactly what a set plan is! Regardless of how well he was pitching, Snell was going to be removed before the LA lineup could see him a 3rd time. That is a set plan.

LA loved the set plan. Per ESPN:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts acknowledged that he was glad Snell was pulled, adding that Betts even looked over at him and smiled.

"I was pretty happy because he was dominating us, and we just weren't seeing him," Roberts said. "We were all kind of excited that Snell was out of the game."

Betts said Snell's removal from the game brought about a "sigh of relief" from the team, and Seager said it "uplifted" the offense.

"He was tough all night," Seager said. "You tip your cap to him. He threw a helluva ballgame. He had us off balance, he made pitches, we grinded, we battled, and we didn't really have an answer for him. And once he came out, it uplifted us a little bit, for sure. We started feeling a little momentum, we scratched a few runs, and we ended up winning."

So the LA batters were being dominated and were glad they didn't have to face Snell a 3rd time. And Cash pulled him so that they wouldn't have to face him a 3rd time. And Cash doesn't think he made a mistake. ::)