Series Against The Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

293E28387D7B7C7A7C724B0 wrote: In baseball even the worst teams usually win about a third of their games. Good teams have bad days and bad teams have good days. Sometimes a single event determines the outcome even though one team is clearly better than another.

However, when one team doesn't even try, the outcome is fairly automatic. As much as I love the Pirates and look forward to watching every game, I have become very disillusioned with this team. I'll sit thru every game when they are overmatched by more talented teams in the hope that they might still get the occasional victory. But yesterday hammered home the realization that they aren't even trying to beat the team with the worst record in MLB. 3 hits for Hayes the previous game after a week with 4 off days? He goes to the bench and the entire team musters only 3 hits. 5 dominating, shutout innings by Thompson? Let's pull him and see if the BP can do as well as he was doing. That's not how a team tries to win.

So if they won't even try to beat the Reds, I cannot see them winning a game against the Dodgers.
Was there anything mentioned about Hayes being under the weather, etc. or just the usual day off Shelton Merry-go-round?

I think the bucs will squeeze out one win. Tonight with Quintana and the fact that the Dodgers had a night game in Chicago and probably got in late. Will refer to that as Wildwood Dave Analytics :D :D

You thought they'd win last night due to tired young men. Now those young men are rested so I don't think, I know we lose the rest of series. (Hope they somehow win Wednesday for Surgn)

I will take credit for the win. If they lose Wed., we can blame Surg. :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

That's okay, it's the Dodgers. The two losses to Cincy were on you.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A5C5B4E474B5C4A42290 wrote: That's okay, it's the Dodgers. The two losses to Cincy were on you.
I humbly accept :D :D
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I'm looking forward to Bucco's beating Dodgers tonight and then again tomorrow with a Sunday type line up.

This could be the start of the unraveling of the Dodgers season.