Game Thread - 5/15 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

012726312737440 wrote: don't the Reds know to take Greene out to protect his arm?
They just did- that guy can really bring it. Now lets get the win
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2C2D3A2C3C4F0 wrote: don't the Reds know to take Greene out to protect his arm?
I'm glad they gave him a chance to get thru the 8th. Ended up with 118 pitches. I've always thought 120 was a more reasonable limit. 100 was never the result of some study, it was just a nice round number. 120 would usually be at least 1 more inning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, Reds mess up an easy DP. 1-0 Bucs!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Greg Brown's best line in a long time, "The man from Mars [Bednar] facing the man from Moon [Friedl]." ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

What a game! :D :D :D

I thought we would be on pins and needles in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs to see if the Bucs would be no-hit. Instead we were on pins and needles in the top of the 9th with 2 outs to see if the Bucs would win the game despite being no-hit.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Bednar to the rescue!

Raise It!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Bucs get no-hit yet find a way to win. How does Ben Cherington do it?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Will take them anyway we can- Who needs hits with that Pitching- Quintana 7 scoreless. Again Bednar lights out
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Hits are overrated. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

153835242332256566570 wrote: What a game!  :D :D :D

I thought we would be on pins and needles in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs to see if the Bucs would be no-hit. Instead we were on pins and needles in the top of the 9th with 2 outs to see if the Bucs would win the game despite being no-hit.
I believe they said that this was only the 6th time in Baseball History that a team was no-hit and won the game. Ka'Bryan drives in the winning run by beating out the throw to first