Game Thread - 6/1 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6F494E5B525E495F573C0 wrote: Josh VanMeter....SUPERSTAR!!!

Single to center brings home Hayes

1-0 Bucs
You mean Bobsters favorite Buc ?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Quintana gets a rare lead to start off.

Stadium looks half full, but as we all know about the late arriving crowds in LA, will be interesting to watch it fill up.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

714F4A42514949426247504314260 wrote: Josh VanMeter....SUPERSTAR!!!

Single to center brings home Hayes

1-0 Bucs
You mean Bobsters favorite Buc ?
Probably has a VanMeter jersey in Cincy, AZ, and Pittsburgh versions
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

What a play by Hayes!!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

What a play by Betts....wow, I thought Chang had 2
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pillar with a nice catch on Marcano
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: Suwinski getting the night off. He's been slowly improving. People need to look at his numbers, he's steadily getting there. His defense is looking pretty good in RF too.

With him and Marcano, Marisnick may never make it back to the team, because there's still Gamel in the mix.

Good to see that Chavis injury wasn't long term, hopefully it isn't a recurring one.

Let's get behind our FNG's fellas. They deserve a few AB's before we roast them.
I agree. This is what I hoped to see this year. I wanted to see a lot of prospects get called up and fill roles that previously went to dumpster dives. They're going to struggle but they need the reps. IMHO, VanMeter and Chang are just in the way. I hope to see Cruz. Martin and maybe Bae before too long. Maybe Bligh Madrid too. Clearing space on the 40 should not be a problem. Lots of candidates for DFA.

I think the plan is being followed as BC designed it. Veterans like Marisnik, Gamel, VanMeter, Quintana, etc have been given lots of playing time during these first few months with the hope that they’ll do well to increase their trade values as much as is possible. I’d be surprised if any of those guys are here by the Deadline.

I envision the team filled with young guys with hardly a veteran in sight come August 1. That’s the beginning of the journey towards the next competitive team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Is Greg Brown aware that there's a game going on, or does he just want to suck up to Kevin Young all night?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: Is Greg Brown aware that there's a game going on, or does he just want to suck up to Kevin Young all night?
I was starting to wonder what World Series I missed the Pirates winning when they went on the Young-Kendall-Giles spill. You'd have thought the Bucs were invincible
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

White thought Hayes hit that one out