Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 7/1 - Bucs vs Brewers

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Never mind.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This is like the third or fourth game this season in which they have been beaten by 15 or more runs. This is too difficult to watch.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Vieaux is taking one for the team, and I am sure they will send him to Indy before tomorrow’s game, and bring up another pitcher. He also could be designated for assignment, and Bolton may be added to the roster.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

In a game like this they should make a rule that after 7 or 8 innings the game is called. I am not in favor of position players pitching in games like these.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

404C4D161F161E13140B11260 wrote: In a game like this they should make a rule that after 7 or 8 innings the game is called. I am not in favor of position players pitching in games like these.

really they have enough pitchers that position players shouldn't need to pitch. Not using position players probably shortens the game too.

Just because your team is behind by x runs shouldn't mean a position player comes in. Maybe if bullpen had worked a lot the day before and 4 or 5 pitchers have already been used in a game before a position player is called in.

Managers have gotten too cute in the past couple years by using position player pitchers.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

193F3E293F2F5C0 wrote: In a game like this they should make a rule that after 7 or 8 innings the game is called. I am not in favor of position players pitching in games like these.

really they have enough pitchers that position players shouldn't need to pitch.  Not using position players probably shortens the game too.

Just because your team is behind by x runs shouldn't mean a position player comes in.  Maybe if bullpen had worked a lot the day before and 4 or 5 pitchers have already been used in a game before a position player is called in.

Managers have gotten too cute in the past couple years by using position player pitchers.

of course , I write this and then Van Meter goes out and does better than Vieux.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4C40411A131A121F18071D2A0 wrote: This is like the third or fourth game this season in which they have been beaten by 15 or more runs. This is too difficult to watch.
Yea that’s way too many times for losses like this to happen more then once where you lose by 15 plus runs. This is another discussion but they seriously need to consider moving on from Shelton and this entire coaching staff at seasons end. He is just not the right guy I want running this group of talented young players they have coming up when they should start being a lot better in 2023. Who they can go out and get I don’t know but Shelton isn’t the guy and they need a veteran manager with some experience that has won. John Farrell would be my pick. He won a World Series with Cherrington in 2013 with Boston and is currently available and I would seriously consider making that move.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

6E48495E48582B0 wrote: In a game like this they should make a rule that after 7 or 8 innings the game is called. I am not in favor of position players pitching in games like these.

Using position players to mop up a game makes a mockery of the game of baseball. It is a disgrace. Taking out starters when they reach 100 pitches is also a bunch of BS. Let the starters complete games that they are pitching well in. Then you don’t use as many relievers, and your bullpen should be able to finish the game without having a position player pitch and turn the game into a circus

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, on the plus side, they didn't play very well either, so no wasted defensive performances.

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Well now we know why we keep VanMeter. :D

ON a serious note, I agree with those who feel a game should

be called after 7 or 8 innings. This is utterly ludicrous. It serves no purpose than risking someone getting hurt and inflating batting averages.No one is left in the stands and the TV sets have long been turned off