Oneil Cruz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Oneil Cruz

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Since Cruz has begun to hit a little more lately I was hoping that the Pirates would recall him at the beginning of this home stand. It is time to bring him up to see how he handles MLB pitching on a consistent basis.
DemDog

Oneil Cruz

Post by DemDog »

252928737A737B76716E74430 wrote: Since Cruz has begun to hit a little more lately I was hoping that the Pirates would recall him at the beginning of this home stand. It is time to bring him up to see how he handles MLB pitching on a consistent basis.

We both know that Shelty will rest him at least 3 days a week so Castro or VanMeter can get some playing time. >:( >:( >:( >:(
fjk090852-7

Oneil Cruz

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I have checked a few times so far today hoping to see one of the Pirates writers say that Cruz is being called up for tomorrow nights game. At this time there is no reason why he is not on the 26 man roster. The Pirates really need his bat in the lineup. Let’s get him up here asap!
NewMexicoLobo

Oneil Cruz

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

He needs to do some growing up. He is hurting himself.
Bobster21

Oneil Cruz

Post by Bobster21 »

4F64764C647968626E4D6E636E010 wrote: The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

He hasn't been moved off SS. Playing there nearly every game at Indy with an occasional game in the OF.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/regi ... &year=2022
NewMexicoLobo

Oneil Cruz

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

He hasn't been moved off SS. Playing there nearly every game at Indy with an occasional game in the OF.

Right. He's fighting it. And, to some degree, they are giving in, which will help no one.
Bobster21

Oneil Cruz

Post by Bobster21 »

43687A406875646E6241626F620D0 wrote: The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

Right. He's fighting it. And, to some degree, they are giving in, which will help no one.

For a guy who's hurting his own progress, he's been red hot since May 4 and is hitting .289 with 8 HRs since then. He's also made only 1 error this month. I'm not seeing the problem.
Ecbucs

Oneil Cruz

Post by Ecbucs »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

For a guy who's hurting his own progress, he's been red hot since May 4 and is hitting .289 with 8 HRs since then. He's also made only 1 error this month. I'm not seeing the problem.

I see no problem with bringing him up to play short if they think his bat is ready and his glove isn't. Give him time this season to show whether he has the potential to be at least an average glove at short.

If he makes an error every other game then I doubt if it would be hard to get him to move to another position.

ChillinStation

Oneil Cruz

Post by ChillinStation »

517776617767140 wrote: The kid appears to be immaturely fighting a move off SS. And I think it is greatly impeding his progress.

I see no problem with bringing him up to play short if they think his bat is ready and his glove isn't.  Give him time this season to show whether he has the potential to be at least an average glove at short.

If he makes an error every other game then I doubt if it would be hard to get him to move to another position. 

I agree let him play SS and when he starts to feel embarrassed, move him. :-[
CarolinaBucco

Oneil Cruz

Post by CarolinaBucco »

What should happen:

* Bring him up ASAP

* Pencil him in at SS every night

* Give him 1 day off per week

* Leave him alone for 2 months at SS and give him time and let's see what he can do.

What will happen:

* Bring him up eventually

* Make him a spot starter

* Rest him 4-5 days a week

* Give him zero opportunity to build rhythm or confidence

* Make Newman the starting SS as soon as he returns