Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Game Thread - 8/17 - Bucs vs BoSox

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

55 wins could be a stretch!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Why is Ramirez on the team? He has no control. His walk rates in both minors and majors are terrible. He came into this game and walked 2 and both scored. Of course, it doesn't matter. The Pirates already scored their 2 runs in the 1st and added another hit for good measure. I hope Eckersley continues to point out what a giant turd this team is.

:poop:
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: Why is Ramirez on the team? He has no control. His walk rates in both minors and majors are terrible. He came into this game and walked 2 and both scored. Of course, it doesn't matter. The Pirates already scored their 2 runs in the 1st and added another hit for good measure. I hope Eckersley continues to point out what a giant turd this team is. 

:poop:
:D ;D :D ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow! Bucs got 3 more hits and another un in the 9th. Of course, by then another run was worthless. Another garbage game. Why do I do this to myself? >:(
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

As clueless as Brown is, he did make a good observation. With two runners on base in the ninth Shelton left Padlo in to face a right

hander. Brown said he was surprised Shelton didn't pinch hit with

Cruz or Mercano who are left handed batters. Again, Shelton being

Shelton
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: Wow! Bucs got 3 more hits and another un in the 9th. Of course, by then another run was worthless. Another garbage game. Why do I do this to myself?  >:(
Because Pirate fans are Masochists :'(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7D43464E5D45454E6E4B5C4F182A0 wrote: As clueless as Brown is, he did make a good observation. With two runners on base in the ninth Shelton left Padlo in to face a right

Shelton
I've never seen a more utterly clueless manager than Shelton. But it's to the point now that we expect him to make every wrong decision. His gross incompetence is the standard. It's pointless to expect more.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: As clueless as Brown is, he did make a good observation. With two runners on base in the ninth Shelton left Padlo in to face a right

Shelton
I've never seen a more utterly clueless manager than Shelton. But it's to the point now that we expect him to make every wrong decision. His gross incompetence is the standard. It's pointless to expect more.
So what does that say about the guy who hired him and has kept him after his continuous screw ups. It's time to admit that Cherington is as clueless as his manager. It's time to cut bait on both of these clowns.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: As clueless as Brown is, he did make a good observation. With two runners on base in the ninth Shelton left Padlo in to face a right

Shelton

Maybe we need Jerry Seinfeld to mentor Shelton like he did George: “If every instinct you have is wrong, the opposite would have to be right.”
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Back from hodgepodge park. Besides nothing after the first inning, it was such a quiet place. Red Sox fans have nothing on Yankees, Phillies, Mets fans. They had a few moments, but really disappointed they don't bring it like their reputation.

Every Pirates fan was surrounded by Red Sox fans, and they were very congenial actually. I guess there isn't much smack talk to throw around if you're in last place too. So while they bemoaned their bullpen, and we bemoaned our hodgepodgeness, it was a friendly atmosphere tonight.

Television can do no justice on a home run like Reynolds hit. There's just something about those towering drives that provide more awe then the laser beam shots, which are great too.

I yelled Ke'Bryan would have caught that! when Padlo let that ball off his glove. I was instantly asked, "Who's that?" apparently, Hayes isn't that well known outside the 'Podge.