Game Thread - 8/20 - Bucs vs Red

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote: Another costly throwing error by Cruz. It interrupted Block and Walk's conversation about Walk's duties as a gas station attendant. I'm so sick and tired of the casual conversations Block has to have throughout every game. 
Cruz- not fielding - belongs in the outfield.

not hitting - .197
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Castro gets us on the board with a HR

5-1 Reds
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5A6461697A626269496C7B683F0D0 wrote: Another costly throwing error by Cruz. It interrupted Block and Walk's conversation about Walk's duties as a gas station attendant. I'm so sick and tired of the casual conversations Block has to have throughout every game. 

not hitting  - .197

Newman is a better SS. Peguero at Altoona is a better SS. Cruz is not the SS of the future. Let him learn a new position and put Newman at SS until Peguero is ready. But I guess that makes too much sense. I can be patient with young payers trying to become better major leaguers. But I have no patience for stupid organizational decisions. I was giving BC the benefit of the doubt. But since he has said the imbecile manager he hired will return next year, I'm starting to think BC us just as stupid as the fool he hired. Put Cruz at 1B.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Senzel reaches on catcher's interference. Announcers say it happens a lot to him but they can't figure out why. It's not hard to figure out why. He swings late as the catcher as reaching for the pitch.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

good chance this is Stout's last game with the Bucs.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sad to see such a blowout with such a big crowd. Castro is a bright spot he's getting his average up there. He's earned to keep playing over Cruz when Hayes comes back Tuesday. Hayes 3rd, Newman SS, Castro 2nd. Cruz can DH over Madris. Keep Chavis at 1st even against righties. Marcano, Reynolds, Gamel OF, Allen 4th of guy. Madris is about as useful as JVM.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: Another costly throwing error by Cruz. It interrupted Block and Walk's conversation about Walk's duties as a gas station attendant. I'm so sick and tired of the casual conversations Block has to have throughout every game. 

not hitting  - .197

Newman is a better SS. Peguero at Altoona is a better SS. Cruz is not the SS of the future. Let him learn a new position and put Newman at SS until Peguero is ready. But I guess that makes too much sense. I can be patient with young payers trying to become better major leaguers. But I have no patience for stupid organizational decisions. I was giving BC the benefit of the doubt. But since he has said the imbecile manager he hired will return next year, I'm starting to think BC us just as stupid as the fool he hired. Put Cruz at 1B.

Starting to think that?

You can move a guy who can't hit MLB pitching out to Gibsonia and he still won't hit MLB pitching. We must not have learned much from watching Pedro Alvarez or Cole Tucker.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

64424550595542545C370 wrote: Sad to see such a blowout with such a big crowd. Castro is a bright spot he's getting his average up there. He's earned to keep playing over Cruz when Hayes comes back Tuesday. Hayes 3rd, Newman SS, Castro 2nd. Cruz can DH over Madris. Keep Chavis at 1st even against righties. Marcano, Reynolds, Gamel OF, Allen 4th of guy. Madris is about as useful as JVM.
Battle of the HodgePodge's
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

What an awful game. Marcano gets them off to a nice start and immediately ruins the moment. They would only get 3 more hits the rest of the game. Another throwing error by Cruz allows Reds to break 0-0 tie. By the 4th inning, there was no hope of winning. Beede has no business starting but they are content to have him in the rotation and pitch 3 or 4 innings each time while the BP pitches more than half of his starts. As a result, they used up 4 relievers in a blowout loss and will probably be short in the BP today when it could make a difference. They want to limit the pitchers' innings with a 6-man rotation but this forces the BP to pitch more innings.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Gets me to wondering. Is it even possible to start to think?

I guess I'll know if I ever get around to thinking. ;))

If you're starting to think something, you've probably thought it. "I think that Cherington MIGHT BE just as stupid as Shelton."

I'm no IQ tester, but if I was to guess, I would conclude that the answer would spit out as "Different Shades."

Carry on.