Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Game Day Thread - Bucs @ Phillies

Post by GreenWeenie »

Goes on long after that. :(
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This team is pathetic. I hate to wish a month of my life away, but I cannot wait until the season ends. These games I cannot watch.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Good night, Pirates fans. I've had too much for the day!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5C7D755C777F180 wrote: Good night, Pirates fans.  I've had too much for the day!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
It takes its toll, Possum.

6-0 in the 3rd inning. Not to be confused with last night when it was 6-0 in the 3rd inning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another hit for Allen! I wonder how long he'll last on the bases this time.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The players sure are playing hard for Shelton.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: Castro serves his 1 game phone suspension today. Yesterday he had a brain cramp at 2B and didn't make a play on anyone. About a week ago, playing 2B on what should have been a routine 5-4-3 DP, he threw to 3B, got that player in a rundown and it ended with a strange tag play back at 2B that was challenged. Can you be suspended for being stupid?

If a player could be suspended for being stupid, we’d still be waiting for Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco to appear in their first games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Phillies announcers are as bad as the Pirates' guys. They talk constantly about anything and everything. The only difference is that they don't put a camera on them while they talk to one another. When Marsh fouled a ball off the back of his ankle, it was a rather unusual occurrence, and they had several replays of it. Meanwhile on the Pirates broadcast, the camera was on Brown and Walker talking to one another in the booth.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I wonder what kind of interim manager Don Kelly would make for the last month of the season. Shelton's team is just not even competitive so it's time to dispense with the "they play hard for him" mantra. They don't do anything well. Why not send his incompetent butt packing (I'll drive him to the airport), give Kelly a brief look and then interview candidates (including Kelly) next year. Cherington stupidly said Shelton will return next year. But ever since he said thar, the team has been indescribably awful. So this is an opportunity for Cherington to reverse himself and rid the team of the Mortimer Snerd of managers. 
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

If Greg Brown is trying to be funny, his end of game comment, "Unfortunately, Tyler Beede was not effective tonight" was classic comedy understatement.

3 IP 6 runs tonight.

4 IP 5 runs previous start.

Before that, he managed to go 3.2 IP with 0 runs.

Before that, he went 1.1 IP with 4 runs.

Beede is not a SP. Maybe he can be a 1 inning reliever but even that is in doubt. Just another example of how utterly clueless the management of this team (GM and mgr) is.