Game Thread - 9/7 Gm 2 - Bucs vs Mets

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Lose 2 games by a combined score of 15-1. Ladies and gentlemen, your Pittsburgh Pirates. :D
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Oviedo had real trouble finding the plate, however, the home plate umpire missed at least 4 pitches in the 2nd inning that clearly were strikes and could have made a real difference in the number of walks he issued and the Mets' ability to score 4 runs. But, even if all of the calls had gone his way, he wasn't going to last long.

While I know that DeGrom was on the mound which meant that the odds of the Bucs winning this game were upside down before the game even started, but the Pirate pitchers made this a miserable game to try and watch. Generally tuned out after watching Thompson pitch about effectively as the recently departed JVM.

It must be really deflating to be a player in your home park and to hear the Met fans dominating any sound coming from the stands. Clearly, little for the home fans to cheer for, but sad nonetheless. In short, Muck the Fets.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2C00080F0423140212610 wrote: Oviedo had real trouble finding the plate, however, the home plate umpire missed at least 4 pitches in the 2nd inning that clearly were strikes and could have made a real difference in the number of walks he issued and the Mets' ability to score 4 runs.   But, even if all of the calls had gone his way, he wasn't going to last long. 

While I know that DeGrom was on the mound which meant that the odds of the Bucs winning this game were upside down before the game even started, but the Pirate pitchers made this a miserable game to try and watch.  Generally tuned out after watching Thompson pitch about effectively as the recently departed JVM.

It must be really deflating to be a player in your home park and to hear the Met fans dominating any sound coming from the stands.  Clearly, little for the home fans to cheer for, but sad nonetheless.  In short, Muck the Fets.    
I turned it off in the 2nd inning. It was obvious the game was lost and I couldn't take the Joe Block filibuster. He jibber-jabbered about everything including asking Wehner to explain the mindset of batters looking at pitches and outfielders going after fly balls. It's tough enough to listen to him when the game is interesting but pointless to subject oneself to that when the game is lost by inning #2.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1B373F383314233525560 wrote: Oviedo had real trouble finding the plate, however, the home plate umpire missed at least 4 pitches in the 2nd inning that clearly were strikes and could have made a real difference in the number of walks he issued and the Mets' ability to score 4 runs.   But, even if all of the calls had gone his way, he wasn't going to last long. 

While I know that DeGrom was on the mound which meant that the odds of the Bucs winning this game were upside down before the game even started, but the Pirate pitchers made this a miserable game to try and watch.  Generally tuned out after watching Thompson pitch about effectively as the recently departed JVM.

It must be really deflating to be a player in your home park and to hear the Met fans dominating any sound coming from the stands.  Clearly, little for the home fans to cheer for, but sad nonetheless.  In short, Muck the Fets.    
Your right Maine but Bob likes Met Fans