Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Pirate Moves

Post by MaineBucs »

I agree with SyrBucco regarding Cruz. It is better to move him to a new position now while he is in AAA rather than letting him continue to pretend that he is going to be a ML SS, and then suddenly asking him to play LF or RF at the major league level. None of the young infielders that the Pirates have suddenly played in the outfield last year or this year - Tucker, Castillo, and Park - have distinguished themselves in the outfield. All appear leery of the fence/wall, Tucker doesn't understand when it is the CF'ers ball, and all have misjudged shallow fly balls.

Peguero appears to be the better defensive shortstop and could be ready for the majors at about the same time as Cruz. Any number of good (some great) major league players have been asked to change positions during their careers, and the Bucs should be working with Cruz to explain why the position switch is in his and the team's best interest.

I also see where Cruz's current production in the minor's is on a par with Newman's at the major league level; meaning that neither is hitting well. Clearly its early, only 12 minor league games or so, but no HR's, an OPS of .558, and a batting average of .175 screams trouble rather than a player who could be the the next Pirate great.

Sure hoping that Cruz's hitting comes around soon and that he can demonstrate that he has earned a call-up to the Burgh.
GreenWeenie

Pirate Moves

Post by GreenWeenie »

To me, this is clear cut:

As much as I don't appreciate STM- I just don't- there is something else that I appreciate even less, and that is losing.

The competition does it.

If we're going to ever win our fair share of baseball games, we have to do the things that competitors do, except even better.

That's not easy to do.

So, if manipulating ST is going to help us win, I'm all for it.

Problem is? I want to win in 2022, not some other year.
DemDog

Pirate Moves

Post by DemDog »

Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup. Park optioned to AAA.
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

14353D143F37500 wrote: Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup.  Park optioned to AAA.
Alford should be of more use than Park. And this might reduce Tucker's OF time.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirate Moves

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup.  Park optioned to AAA.

I’m in favor of anything that reduces Tucker’s playing time. Well, almost anything.
SammyKhalifa

Pirate Moves

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1C393A3A2F0439313324560 wrote: I’m not surprised even though Contreras looked solid in the innings he pitched. Sheltons comments are moronic.

“I don’t know what we will do in the future regarding Ro, but at some point I think he is going to start for us”

Is this guy clueless. You mean you didn’t have a plan for your Number 1 pitching prospect?

The interview I heard he specifically said it's to stretch him out for more innings when he comes back to start.

My take--I think what they're doing is at least interesting. But soon they're going to have to cut down players and they're not going to be able to keep doing this.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5D707D6C6B7A6D2D2E1F0 wrote: Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup.  Park optioned to AAA.
Alford just DFA'd
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup.  Park optioned to AAA.
Alford just DFA'd
Brought up Beau Sulser
2drfischer@gmail.c

Pirate Moves

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

714F4A42514949426247504314260 wrote: Alford was recalled and in the starting lineup.  Park optioned to AAA.
Alford just DFA'd
Brought up Beau Sulser

They could’ve brought up Alka Sulsur and it would’ve been an improvement over Alford.
Ecbucs

Pirate Moves

Post by Ecbucs »

there is a chance that Susler could hit as well as Alford too.