Thoughts On the Pirates Off Season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'm still wondering about Jarlin Garcia. He's not been added to the roster, there's nothing I can find to give a reason why, and any news I find from googling (maybe I'm not even a LMG when it comes to google?) just simply states he was signed by the Pirates.

What gives?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

133532272E2235232B400 wrote: I'm still wondering about Jarlin Garcia. He's not been added to the roster, there's nothing I can find to give a reason why, and any news I find from googling (maybe I'm not even a LMG when it comes to google?) just simply states he was signed by the Pirates.

What gives?
I agree something is up with the delay in this signing. It is over three weeks since sources said the Pirates were signing him. Maybe there is a medical issue.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

272B2A7178717974736C76410 wrote: I'm still wondering about Jarlin Garcia. He's not been added to the roster, there's nothing I can find to give a reason why, and any news I find from googling (maybe I'm not even a LMG when it comes to google?) just simply states he was signed by the Pirates.

What gives?
I agree something is up with the delay in this signing. It is over three weeks since sources said the Pirates were signing him. Maybe there is a medical issue.

I am wondering if he has been out of the country and he the team will want to have him get a physical in the USA.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

We are still a month away whenever pitchers and catchers report to Bradenton, but I am pleased how the offseason has gone so far. The lineup with Cruz, Santana, Choi, Cutch and others should score some runs. Sure there is some age with some of the position players, but they should perform much better than some of the players on the roster the past few years. Even the bench is a little better with players like Andujar, Bae, and Connor Joe. It could be an enjoyable season to follow.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

As things are, I think we've made marginal progress. No acquired player is above average, in my opinion. I'll take that over no progress any day.

If, as I expect, they dump Reynolds, my opinion will change.