Official Game Thread - 9/22 - Bucs @ Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/22 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by Possum »

mouse wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:52 pm Given Bednar's troubles this year, do we see the Pirates bringing Chapman back as closer next year?
That depends on Nutting's wallet and Chapman's desire to stay with the Bucs. He may want to go somewhere for another WS ring.

Another thing I worry about is what the Bucs do with Bednar. Do they bring him back and see how does in ST.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

mouse wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:52 pm Given Bednar's troubles this year, do we see the Priates bringing Chapman back as closer next year?
I can see them bringing him back with the intent of dealing at the Deadline. I thought that was the idea this year but I guess BC didn’t get an offer he liked. The players offered in return probably weren’t 24-year old Single A players.
steve 49

Post by steve 49 »

Possum wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:30 pm Bucs

1 SS N. Gonzales R
2 CF Oneil Cruz L
3 C Joey Bart R
4 DH A. McCutchen R
5 1B Rowdy Tellez L
6 RF B. De La Cruz R
7 3B Jared Triolo R
8 2B Nick Yorke R
9 LF Billy Cook R
SP Paul Skenes R

Reds

1 2B J. India R
2 SS E. De La Cruz S
3 C T. Stephenson R
4 DH S. Steer R
5 CF TJ Friedl L
6 1B Ty France R
7 RF Jake Fraley L
8 3B S. Espinal R
9 LF Will Benson L
SP Hunter Greene R

155 games played only 7 left in the season. There is a chance that Skenes will pitch on Thursday vs the Brewers but it is most likely he will face the Yankees in one of the last 3 games of the season. He is one superstar-caliber player the Bucs have. It's a damn shame he won't close out his rookie season at home. Asshole Nutting is just counting the years before Skenes becomes too expensive and he will trade him for a bucket of nothing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I don't think there is any chance they would stat Skenes on 3 days rest for a meaningless game . Could you imagine if he hurt his arm ? I even question if he might not be done .
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

mouse wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:52 pm Given Bednar's troubles this year, do we see the Pirates bringing Chapman back as closer next year?
If they bring him back, there's no guarantee he'll be the closer. That would depend on how Bednar and/or others do. Chapman will not be in high demand. Next year, he'll be 37 and coming off the 2nd worst ERA (4.03) and WHIP (1.414) of his career. He's having his worst rate of hits and one of his worst rates of walks. A sad sack team like the Pirates would probably place high value on him. Other teams-not so much. So I think there's a good chance he'll be back. Whether he'll code or not is another matter.
There's no basement in the Alamo.