Trades

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PooperScooper !

Re: Trades

Post by PooperScooper ! »

McMahon looks like a player who could be had for a reasonable cost. But the guy has big swing and miss issues and Pirates have a lot of that already.
PooperScooper !

bump :mrgreen:

Taylor Ward OF LAA. Go get him !
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

BuccoMick wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:41 am Ryan McMahon should be our target for 1b. Would be solid for the next 3 1/2 years. Also Roberts from Chicago and our lineup I set for the next 4 years.
The local media has been really talking about acquiring Roberts, and it almost reminds me of 2018 and the trade talk was all about getting Chris Archer. I don’t have to remind anyone about that trade. I don’t mind trading prospects, but I am not sure if Roberts is the right player to acquire. He has had some injuries in the past, and I would hate that if the Pirates acquired him, he would become a bust just like Archer.
PooperScooper !

Roberts is having awful season.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Robert was out from April 6 to June 4 with a hip injury. He’s hit below .200 since returning. So the injury seems to be affecting his hitting. This might just be a lost season for him and he’s a free agent after next year. So trading for him would be very risky.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

The way things are going guys, I don't know if the bucs will be buyers'
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I was wondering what I was missing about Robert that people seem to want him so much.
Javy

Post by Javy »

SammyKhalifa wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:57 pm Yeah I was wondering what I was missing about Robert that people seem to want him so much.
People are starstruck by his potential. We are already on that path with guys like Cruz, Davis, Gonzalez, etc. With the exception of Gonzalez' hot start since being brought up, we are always waiting for the 'potential' to morph into steady production.

Robert seems to always be hurt. With the exception of last year, when he produced 38 HR's and 80 RBI, which is enough to tantalize most people, he cannot stay healthy. Last year he played in 145 games. That is the only time he has played in more than 100 games in any season. His 1st season, 2020, he finished 2nd in ROY voting, and won a Gold Glove. Nothing since, although he was an All-Star last year.

for the price he'll command in a trade, I'd let someone else pay it.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would take a player like Sanchez or Del aCruz from the Marlins. It seemed the Pirates were close to a trade with them this past offseason for a pitcher, so the Marlins should know our minor league players very well. We need bats to extend the lineup. I am tired of Taylor, and Suwinski who constantly strikeout.
mouse

Post by mouse »

We are at that time when trades become a realistic possibility. We always think of who we could get to aid the team today but in watching these games, it looks like we'd need to get about six or so players to fill the main holes. This is the time of year when buyers are forced to overpay (the seller's motto - 'where there's desperation, there's profit'). I don't see management emptying the farm system to pick up even a few good players. Here's an interesting take on the Pirates as "light" sellers, from an Atlanta viewpoint. Something to consider? https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/co ... 5254&ei=11