2024 Pirates Hall of Fame

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Re: 2024 Pirates Hall of Fame

Post by Javy »

Doc wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:56 pm
Javy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:34 am Leyland, Sanguillen, and Barry. No issue with any of them (and I hope Pirates fans accept Bonds gracefully).
All were great Pirates, but I have some heartburn over Vernon Law not getting in again.They really need to address this oversight while the Deacon is still with us. He should be the next inductee.

Who's next? Virdon, Skinner, Van Slyke, Pena, Candelaria, Rooker, Drabek, Moose, Ellis, Giusti, all come to mind. I'm sure I'll think of a few others
I believe you brought this up last year, Javy. To be having this same conversation a year later is truly sad.
I probably did Doc. It is sad, in two ways. One, Law is still not in the Bucs HOF, and the 2nd is I find myself repeating things on a regular basis!
Javy

Re: 2024 Pirates Hall of Fame

Post by Javy »

Ecbucs wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:15 pm
Doc wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:56 pm
Javy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:34 am Leyland, Sanguillen, and Barry. No issue with any of them (and I hope Pirates fans accept Bonds gracefully).
All were great Pirates, but I have some heartburn over Vernon Law not getting in again.They really need to address this oversight while the Deacon is still with us. He should be the next inductee.

Who's next? Virdon, Skinner, Van Slyke, Pena, Candelaria, Rooker, Drabek, Moose, Ellis, Giusti, all come to mind. I'm sure I'll think of a few others
I believe you brought this up last year, Javy. To be having this same conversation a year later is truly sad.
I don't understand not selecting Law right now. Another person to add to potential list is Bob Veale.
Veale is a good one as well. So is Matty Alou.
I don't know what their criteria is for inclusion, but it is going to have to parallel free agency because it is extremely rare for a player to play even six years in Pittsburgh in the last 30 plus years.