Priester making major league debut next Tuesday?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6B3D2B3F302A3A313C2B193E34383035773A590 wrote: I just noticed Priester isn't on the 40 man roster. So someone is going to have to be dropped.

Looking at the 40 man now, I could easily see them handling it by placing either Bae or Hayes on the 60 day IL (or even Cutch). Regardless who comes off the 40 man, I see them sending Bolton back down.

They have a number of other people I could easily see them DFA, but I'm betting it's a Bae/Hayes to the 60 day IL.

If Hayes has a serious enough injury, I’m all for him being the one to go on the 60 day IL.  That will enable the Pirates to start Triolo everyday for nearly the remainder of the season and get a conclusive idea if he can be a better third base option than Hayes.  Then, if they feel confident enough in Triolo’s future, Hayes can be dealt for a position of need, preferably an outfielder.

If he is considered damaged goods, he might be difficult

to unload
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Back to Priester.....

It's interesting how the rotation begins the second half against the Giants. Thought for sure it would be Keller-Oviedo-Hill.

Instead it's Hill-Oviedo-Bido. Which further makes me think Priester is definitely coming up. So for Cleveland, it's Keller-Priester-Hill I assume. Then there's an off day, which means they can skip Priester for the Angels series. Looks like they are setting it up so that Hill gets the most starts the rest of the way
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

MLB Trade Rumors is reporting that Priester is coming up and that he will start on Monday.

Looks like they wanted to give Keller a break, which indicates to me that Bucs' management has resigned themselves to not making a push this year.

With so many veterans on the team - Santana, Hedges, Choi, Cutch, and Joe - the Bucs are going to have to start making some moves soon as Cutch is scheduled to come off the injured list on Sunday. My guess is that Castro is optioned. The better move would be to jettison Hedges, shift Davis to catcher, and use Palacios and Cutch in RF. No where for Choi to go if he isn't at DH with Santana starting nearly every game.