7/7 Game Thread...Glasnow MLB Debut = 8 wins in a row...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

hey we're winning

there's your run tyler now go shut em out, welcome to the majors
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

They are saying on the radio side that his curve ball command is looking better than his fast ball command so far today.

And a 96 MPH K! Woo!
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Glasnow with his first major league hit too. 8-)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Glasnow has pitched pretty good. Hopefully he will learn not to hang his breaking pitches as much as he is today so far. He has done that to both Diaz and Grichik and they both made him pay for it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

One observation regarding Glasnow's high pitch count. Seems like he gets ahead of most hitters and then wastes 1 or 2 pitches that are so bad there's no way the batter will offer at them. All it does is raise the pitch count. If he could get those pitches closer, he might gets some swings and misses on marginal pitches and put the hitters away sooner.
dave3BA

Post by dave3BA »

This is about what I expected, and similar to the times when I saw him pitch in the minors. Folks, Glasnow has a little Jeff Locke to him. He has subpar command and so he tends to throw a lot of nibble pitches, intentionally or not. It can be difficult to watch at times because the stuff is so good that if he could spot it he would be unhittable. Hopefully that's where the development happens. Unfortunately, it appears it's going to have to happen at the major league level.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Too bad a wild pitch scored one run. It would have been a great inning to get out of a lead off triple.

Over all, I'd consider this an excellent start for Tyler.

Very disappointed in the Pirates bats.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

3A3F283B6D1C1F5E0 wrote: This is about what I expected, and similar to the times when I saw him pitch in the minors. Folks, Glasnow has a little Jeff Locke to him. He has subpar command and so he tends to throw a lot of nibble pitches, intentionally or not. It can be difficult to watch at times because the stuff is so good that if he could spot it he would be unhittable. Hopefully that's where the development happens. Unfortunately, it appears it's going to have to happen at the major league level.

5 innings 5 strikeouts, 2 hits and walk in 79 pitches sounds like an ace starter.  I'll take it
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

leadoff double. Cutch shows his awesome CF defensive skills and it's a double.

Lets miss those bats now Glasnow. Here's where your style can pay off
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Oh well, now it's 4 ER's for Glasnow thanks to Caminero.

Not sure if we have another comeback win in us today. The bats are dead.