7/21 Game Thread - Liriano Dominates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Another possibility would be to skip Brault at Indy tomorrow and pitch him on Saturday. Both his major league start and his recent start for Indy have been cleaner than Glasnow's. Same issues about the roster spot. Niese is owed what, about $3 million with the buyout? My guess is they could send him somewhere if they picked up a good piece of that.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

3A36376C656C64696E716B5C0 wrote: Sending Frazier down is very stupid.  He is a little spark plug.  I wish he would start tonight.  I like the way he plays.
Agreed we need a spark and Frazier could be that but he's got to play. We had Josh Harrison 2 years ago every season you need someone to step up, I'm not sure our manager understands that as he keeps running the same old guy out there expecting different results. Locke has to go, Lariano is on the bubble can't take anymore of his half hearted starts. If we can't beat the Brewers then it's over and we need to move on.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

321504000518271304050518610 wrote: So who would the Pirates send down for Glasnow right now on the current 25 man roster to make room for him to allow him to pitch on Saturday?? What pitcher or position player?? Or do they DFA someone between now and then or make a trade?? If they don't make a trade, DFA somebody, or put somebody on the DL the only logical decision would be to send Adam Frazier down for Glasnow which I am not in favor of doing. Time to either DFA Locke or come up with some sort of "fake" injury to where you can put him on the disabled list. The Pirates really have no other options at this point besides sending down Frazier which I feel would be a bad move.
if they are sending someone to the DL, they can just recall Kuhl for Saturday.

Kuhl has been listed as the Indy starter for Saturday, so I would deduct that someone will be sent down (Hughes/Schugel/Frazier) or DFA'd (Niese) so that Glasnow can start Saturday.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

47777B60607D7A59756767140 wrote: So who would the Pirates send down for Glasnow right now on the current 25 man roster to make room for him to allow him to pitch on Saturday?? What pitcher or position player?? Or do they DFA someone between now and then or make a trade?? If they don't make a trade, DFA somebody, or put somebody on the DL the only logical decision would be to send Adam Frazier down for Glasnow which I am not in favor of doing. Time to either DFA Locke or come up with some sort of "fake" injury to where you can put him on the disabled list. The Pirates really have no other options at this point besides sending down Frazier which I feel would be a bad move.
if they are sending someone to the DL, they can just recall Kuhl for Saturday.

Kuhl has been listed as the Indy starter for Saturday, so I would deduct that someone will be sent down (Hughes/Schugel/Frazier) or DFA'd (Niese) so that Glasnow can start Saturday.

Managing this roster has been a disaster.

So last Sunday Kuhl actually functions as the stopper that Cole is suppose-to-be-but-is-not-really, outpitching Schezer and flatout dominating a very good Nationals team for a much needed Pirates' win. Rather than getting him ready to pitch in Pittsburgh on Saturday against much easier Philies, they send him down so that he wastes more of his arm in AAA and guarantees at least one and maybe two missed opportunities in Pittsburgh.

Jerking Glasnow and Kuhl around between AAA and Pittsburgh is BS to them and hurting this team. They're playing Chinese Checkers in order to keep Locke in the rotation. No way Kuhl should be missing the start in Saturday. VERY frustrating.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Agree 100% with VaPirate on this.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

On a side note I read today Greg Brown's mother passed away last Friday and her funeral was today. Props to him for working this past week and not missing a game I'm sure it wasn't easy for him. My condolences to Greg and his family.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

41726E6F6C64526F7468737465696E000 wrote: Another possibility would be to skip Brault at Indy tomorrow and pitch him on Saturday. Both his major league start and his recent start for Indy have been cleaner than Glasnow's.  Same issues about the roster spot. Niese is owed what, about $3 million with the buyout? My guess is they could send him somewhere if they picked up a good piece of that.

I like Brault much better than this version of Locke.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

3F382E26283F78740D2A202C2421632E22204D0 wrote: [quote author=47777B60607D7A59756767140

Managing this roster has been a disaster.

So last Sunday Kuhl actually functions as the stopper that Cole is suppose-to-be-but-is-not-really, outpitching Schezer and flatout dominating a very good Nationals team for a much needed Pirates' win.  Rather than getting him ready to pitch in Pittsburgh on Saturday against much easier Philies, they send him down so that he wastes more of his arm in AAA and guarantees at least one and maybe two missed opportunities in Pittsburgh.

Jerking Glasnow and Kuhl around between AAA and Pittsburgh is BS to them and hurting this team.  They're playing Chinese Checkers in order to keep Locke in the rotation.  No way Kuhl should be missing the start in Saturday.  VERY frustrating.

Totally agree can't understand why we want to waste these young arms in the minors when they are so desparately needed in Pittsburg. Just maddening what a waste and just inept FO and manager.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Rob King doing PBP?

Edit: OK. I just saw the news about Greg Brown.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

282F39313F286F631A3D373B3336743935375A0 wrote:

Jerking Glasnow and Kuhl around between AAA and Pittsburgh is BS to them and hurting this team.  They're playing Chinese Checkers in order to keep Locke in the rotation.  No way Kuhl should be missing the start in Saturday.  VERY frustrating.

That's so true. Locke has always been far from adequate. And yet they bend over backwards to keep him pitching even at the expense of better pitchers.