7/31 Game Thread Liriano versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

According to Huntington today both Locke and Vogelsong are going to pitch in Atlanta after Cole, and then Taillon, Liriano, and Cole will pitch next weekend against the Reds. It's not a rotation a contending team hoping to make the playoffs throws out in August.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Polanco homers and gets one back and makes it 2-1. Meanwhile, Cutch strikes out again and looks terrible doing so. Hurdle has to get him out of that 3 spot. Enough is enough it's time to move him down in the order.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Terrible decision by Hurdle not to challenge that Perez bunt base hit. He was clearly out looking at the replay. You gotta challenge stuff like that in this game today when you're trying to salvage a game in this series. And it costs the Pirates another run too.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4F68797D78655A6E797878651C0 wrote: Terrible decision by Hurdle not to challenge that Perez bunt base hit. He was clearly out looking at the replay. You gotta challenge stuff like that in this game today when you're trying to salvage a game in this series. And it costs the Pirates another run too.

And why is Jaso standing on the back of the bag? It's probably not close if he is on the front of the bag stretching out.

Run scored. Now 1-3.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Do the Pirates want to win these games this weekend because both the coaches and the players look like they are half asleep. This is so incredibly frustrating to watch.
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

I have no hope that Cutch, Liriano or Kang will right the ship this season. I think it's time to let other players play a bit more.

Also, Harrison just got rocked by Broxton on a bang-bang play at first base. He literally flew in the air several feet.

In a related note, how is it that guys like Broxton and Nieuwenhuis are killing us this series?
Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

Easy part of schedule....
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs will be 4 games out of a wildcard spot if they lose today. Going to need a sweep in Atlanta to make up for this absolute disaster of a series this weekend in Milwaukee. Very discouraging to see the Pirates play with absolutely no heart at all this weekend.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I have found the problem with the Bucs in Milwaukee. I believe that when they built this new stadium that the Selig family made a deal with the devil to have the Bucs lose most of the time when in Milwaukee. ::) ::) ::)
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Jaso is hitting .186 over his last 30 games. Please move him in the next day or so so that Bell can come up here and play first base. I just have no idea sometimes what the Pirates are thinking and what goes through heads.