The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

The Other Games

Post by GreenWeenie »

Dave beat me in a Foosball tournament because I had to scratch my a$$. GOAL!!! :(((((
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

507B6C631A0 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

Yikes!  Can there be anything worse to happen to a player?
i know it doesn't happen much anymore, but if he had positioned himself correctly to use 2 hands to make the catch (like all of us were taught) he likely makes the catch!

It’s hard to say why he dropped it.  He may have taken his eyes off the ball or just assumed he was going to catch it and lost focus.  The worst part must be the feeling of having let down his teammates.  If I were him, I’d have been at the ballpark at 7:00 this morning, wanting to get today’s game underway as soon as possible.

Know what you mean about letting teammates down. I've been there, whether it was baseball/softball or bowling. can't find a hole fast enough to crawl into, or wait for the next opportunity to make amends.

We've all screwed up big time one way or another, Javy. It really stinks.

I checked the box score yesterday afternoon and saw that McKenna wasn't in the line-up. I thought that was a bad move by the Orioles' manager. McKenna needed to be right back on the horse so that he could begin to make those amends as soon as possible. I feel bad for the guy.
Javy

The Other Games

Post by Javy »

6A3C2A3E312B3B303D2A183F35393134763B580 wrote: Orioles were leading the Rd Sox 8-7, bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no one on base. Red Sox batter appears to end the game with a routine fly ball to medium LF. Ryan McKenna camps under the ball only to have it clang off the heel of his glove. Adam Duvall follows with a HR to win the game 9-8.

Yikes!  Can there be anything worse to happen to a player?
i know it doesn't happen much anymore, but if he had positioned himself correctly to use 2 hands to make the catch (like all of us were taught) he likely makes the catch!

It’s hard to say why he dropped it.  He may have taken his eyes off the ball or just assumed he was going to catch it and lost focus.  The worst part must be the feeling of having let down his teammates.  If I were him, I’d have been at the ballpark at 7:00 this morning, wanting to get today’s game underway as soon as possible.

Know what you mean about letting teammates down. I've been there, whether it was baseball/softball or bowling. can't find a hole fast enough to crawl into, or wait for the next opportunity to make amends.

We've all screwed up big time one way or another, Javy.  It really stinks.

I checked the box score yesterday afternoon and saw that McKenna wasn't in the line-up.  I thought that was a bad move by the Orioles' manager.  McKenna needed to be right back on the horse so that he could begin to make those amends as soon as possible.  I feel bad for the guy.

i agree with that. I don't know if it's a strict platoon system there or not. That would be the only reason not to have him out there.
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

McKenna is a light-hitting, part time player for the Orioles. He'll have to contribute when he gets opportunities. I don't think he'll get extra opportunities (like starting again the next day) for messing up.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

So far this season, The Twins and Marlins have played the shortest

game- 1 hour and 58 minutes
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Giants score 16 runs against the White Sox today- hopefully the White Sox used a lot of pitchers !!
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

1A2421293A222229092C3B287F4D0 wrote: Giants score 16 runs against the White Sox today- hopefully the White Sox used a lot of pitchers !!
They only used 3 relievers.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Great early season game between the Padres and Braves last night. Had an early playoff feel to it. Score tied, both teams rallied for 2 runs in the 8th, Braves walk it off in the ninth.

No home runs in any of that. Just base hits, good baserunning, some incredible defense (Soto's catch to keep the game tied in the 8th was incredible).
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

April 8

Phillies trailing 2-0, score 3 in the bottom

of the 9th to beat the Reds 3-2
Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

After winning 11-0 today, TB (9-0) has outscored their opponents 75-18 for the season.